Author Topic: "WAUPUN" water motor  (Read 5780 times)

offgridonmountain

"WAUPUN" water motor
« on: November 11, 2011, 03:01:41 PM »
When I bought my new my new homestead,it came with a shop put together with 2x12 pecky cedar slabs.In it was an interesting collection of old iron and odds and ends.
Under an ancient workbench that the previous owner (who died years before the place was sold) drug home from somewhere,was this cool old piece.
It's a water motor that was used for powering appliances like washers,fans,grain mills etc.... before the days of 32v power from wind turbines.

I though you folks might like to see it.It says "waupun water moter(yes "moter") 0  WIS.". the shaft spins freely and has babbet bearing

I used the 50' roll of 2/0 cu for scale ;)

here is a link to other water motors and info:
http://www.aqpl43.dsl.pipex.com/MUSEUM/POWER/watermotor/watermotor.htm

I don't have the water to put this to work here on the ridge,but I have lots of wind and no turbine.If someone would
like the water motor and/or the copper cable and could help me towards a small (100-400 watt) turbine,lets talk.

Thank you,

Doug

Tom Frampton

Re: "WAUPUN" water motor
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
Did your water motor find a home?

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 09:09:38 AM »
Hmm posted on 2011, only 5 posts, I wouldn't be expecting a reply if I where you, but ya never know may get lucky!
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

FoolAmI

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:48:43 PM »
As a water wheel builder I know something about water motors and would be interested myself.       That water motor is probably back on a shelf collecting dust somewhere but I'd be interested in buying it or one like it.
Spencer
706-207-1080