Notices > Polls

Christmas Trees (very off topic)

<< < (3/3)

thirteen:
We try and thin the trees for better growth and we also burn our tree. I'm not sure where the trimming of a tree started. We hve only 10 boughten ornimunts we put on our tree each year the rest we make and add to each year. Our string of colored circles is about 70 ft long and it used to go on to the tree but it goes around windows and around the door. The smaller ones we use are from each of my kids. since they are mostly gone they do not get added to but ever so often. It used to be they had to add a foot each year to their string and put the date on it that was a rule. I'll be getting the grand kids to add to their parents string this year. One of my sons just told me there is one more to add to our family she is 9 and I didn't know but he knew for 5 years. I will not ask the reasons. It was just my birthday a couple of days ago and he told me then. I'll get to meet her the 15th of July. It will be fun she is just 270 miles away I hope to have her her for Labor Day weekend. I may go and see her earlier to help a little with the introduction of someone and a family she really does not know nor have ever met. Interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version