Author Topic: 7 blade turbine  (Read 2512 times)

STYME JONES

7 blade turbine
« on: November 17, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »
good wind test for my turbine and my own design of plywood, foam fiberglass blades. wind gust hit 30 mph, i don't know if it was that strong when i recorded the video. 7 blades at a 18 degree pitch"i think". still just a 17 to 1 gearbox hooked up"reversed". hooked . no generator hooked up. a 18 ft dia. led light flash every rpm. i did not get underneath to see the rpm on the bike computer.  http://youtu.be/xhk8nR7WGSE       STYME

tecker

• SuperHero Member
Re: 7 blade turbine
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 04:47:22 AM »
The wood fiberglass is a good I made some laminating on a 6 inch pvc pipe Cedar with Glass on the underside and resin painted on the outside curve . The small conversion is almost ready it was up but was alittle hard start i found the wind is ok up at 60 ft so the tower is in the works   . Here,s both Vawt and Hawt same method .Pic

Jerry

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 12:41:03 PM »
good wind test for my turbine and my own design of plywood, foam fiberglass blades. wind gust hit 30 mph, i don't know if it was that strong when i recorded the video. 7 blades at a 18 degree pitch"i think". still just a 17 to 1 gearbox hooked up"reversed". hooked . no generator hooked up. a 18 ft dia. led light flash every rpm. i did not get underneath to see the rpm on the bike computer.  http://youtu.be/xhk8nR7WGSE       STYME

You machine apears to run very smooth in the video. Can't wait to see some power #s. How do you keep it into the wind? I didn't see a tail wing.  I built a 5ft 7 blade for a direct drive alt. that had bad cogging. They are fun to watch.

Intresting country. Where are you located?

Jerry

STYME JONES

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:28:09 AM »
sorry i didn't reply to your reply Jerry. I see i must have missed some post replies from other people too. regarding keeping it into the wind. I have a geared 12 volt motor on the back of the unit with a small belt pully going to a larger pulley in the center which is attached to a short piece of 2 inch pipe coming through the center. i have an an automotive spring loaded belt tightner keeping tension on it from the side. 2 of these would work better. the small contol tail hits limit switches on either side. i have 2 12 volt batteries in a box at the base hooked to a solar panel to keep them charged. i used 7- 12 trailer wire down the tower. i can also turn the unit from below using a winch control switch also.  i live in the okanagan valley in british columbia. my you tube channel gives you a better idea of the surrounding area. http://youtu.be/hfdUiUHYWM4  along with other turbine video's.  i don't type and they hate cap locks . thanks STYME . I can send you pic's if you like. ;D I have a good northern exposure to my turbine but not good from the south. but i wanted to build a wind turbine anyway.