Author Topic: Satellite antenna positioner unit - Power supply unit (withdrawn)  (Read 2535 times)

David HK

I am still throwing out useful junk and have two (2) of the above going for free.

Details are:-

220/230 Volt AC 50 Hz
Motor voltage 30 volts ~ 1.7A
Reed, Hall or optical sensor options.
With memory, remote control also.
Digital numeric display.

English language instructions also available

Will send anywhere, but by seamail only.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:05:54 PM by ghurd »

David HK

Re: Satellite antenna positioner unit - Power supply unit
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
An idea for the use of the two satellite positioners I am loathe to throw away.

How to make your wife happy!

The satellite positioner incorporates ‘limits' for East and West stops and I believe it can store around 20 satellite positions.

If ‘you' can find a suitable satellite dish actuator  ~ 36 volt model you could use it for raising and lowering  a washing line.

I have such a set up and the following photographs illustrate a simple explanation of the system. The mini gearbox unit is commonly found in Hong Kong for opening and shutting outdoor canvas roller blinds.

Since the positioner is worked from mains voltage it would be best to locate the unit in a dry weather-proof place and then run a cable to the actuator – washing line position.

Once set up and programmed all your wife needs to do is press 1 for UP and 2 for Down.

In case of tragedy a suitable manual winding handle would need to be available in the event of a need to disconnect the motor from the gearbox unit.

Other ideas – opening and closing green house windows? Must be more than I can think of.

David in HK

David HK

Re: Satellite antenna positioner unit - Power supply unit
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:22:13 AM »
Offer withdrawn - obviously no takers.