Notices > Polls

Do you use Dial-Up internet access ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

dbcollen:
I just upgtaded from 500K satelite to 4meg wireless

Dustin

TimS:
I'm really lucky, even though the nearest power pole or phone line is 2 miles away, I get wireless service from line-of-sight to a mountain top 2 miles away.  And, wireless just got faster, I get about 4mb/s with a motorola canopy system.

Mary B:
Verizon cell modem 100% dialup wasn't even an option, my phone lines are to old and crappy.

DanB:
I am pretty stuck with satellite here, and the two choices are wild blue, and hughes.  I use Hughes and I must say it's improved quite a lot in the last year, it seems faster ~ my daily bandwidth allowance has improved.  VOIP even works sometimes these days!  Considering my location, I am not complaining.

Ungrounded Lightning Rod:
I have (slow - 1.5M) DSL at the townhouse (where I am most of the time), slow (22ish K) dialup at the Nevada place.

If/when I go full time in NV I expect to upgrade there.  But wired DSL is not available and it doesn't make sense to pay $80ish/month extra for using the local WISP when I'm only out there a few days a year.

(Didn't buy a data plan on my cellphone - NV place is on the last cell before the dead area - ATT only - and they didn't provide data service there last I checked and they also want arm-and-leg for a system that would be "tetherable", i.e. usable with a laptop or desktop.  I mostly use the cell when driving anyhow so it's "just a phone".)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version