Author Topic: hughs 2012 edition  (Read 2995 times)

gww

hughs 2012 edition
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
Does hugh have a 2012 editon wind turbine recipie book and if so where can I find it.  If not thats ok I can find the 2010 edition. I dont mind I just want to buy the most current copy availible.
Thank you
  gww

mab

Re: hughs 2012 edition
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »
I guess if you buy direct from Hugh you'll get the latest ed:-

http://scoraigwind.co.uk/american-readers/

gww

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:02:58 PM »
Mab
Thank you
I had looked on otherpower and hughs site and had only found the 2010 editon.
your post took me to the 2011 edition which I just bought.  I only ask because in one of my different post hugh himself mentioned a 2012 edition.  either way Im not tripping on it, you got me the latest edition I have seen.
gww

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 05:29:44 PM »
Just bought Hugh's latest edition 10 days ago, he sent it direct.

And it says, '2011 Edition'.

My old 2008 Edition has woodworm.... ::)
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

gww

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 05:36:06 PM »
clockmanfra
We should get the same edition then.  thanks
gww

gww

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 05:03:14 PM »
Hi
I just recieved Hugh's wind turbine recipe book today.  I have not had a chance to study it yet.  I have built two of his plans that were free on the internet.  I have zero dought that the imformation in the book is more up to date and gives many more options than a single plan.  However It would be nice if he would sell individual plans of the turbine you decided from the book to build.  Having them to gether is a little overwhelming.  I do believe that an in addition to this book if a person also had his 2003 plan he would be far ahead in translating what is in the recipe book.  The 2003 plan was the clearist plan put together all in one place I have ever seen.  His (I believe?) ser lanka altinator plan was clear also.  This is not to say you should built these old plans as the new ones have higher rated altinators and probly many bugs worked out.
The old plans however have a single tubine in one place with no mixing and I believe would compliment anyones understanding of the wind turbine recipe book.  This is not a critical post as I have never seen any one, ever, do it better then hugh.  Otherpowers pictures really help also. 

As many of hughs and others sign off on their post.
My .02
Thank you
gww