Author Topic: ceiling fan with hard drive mags  (Read 3622 times)

hothead

ceiling fan with hard drive mags
« on: March 12, 2012, 02:32:08 AM »
first try i use 14 half piece hard drive magnets in a ceiling fan. result one coil read 104 ac volt, next one read 109 ac volt. same rpm both join read 80 ac volt... my brother and father laugh at me because the meter read amps .4 and all test... can someone send me 24 1" 2" 1/2" neos magnet please neo are not in my country and i am poor... for now am at the dump looking for microwave magnets and transformer to make a 10 foot generator to supply my community with free light. for now i am asking please anyone for neos magnet to get real amps

tecker

• SuperHero Member
Re: ceiling fan with hard drive mags
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:07:19 AM »
Not happen real small wire really bad problem for you must find  wire from ebay while there get neos too
Tread moved to neubee soon not to worry can get good advice there
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:12:33 AM by tecker »

jlt

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
 When you are at the dump look for a washing machine that has a direct drive motor.  Fisher & paple   Are .  Or Ecm motors from furnaces or A/C units.

Jlt

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »
the difficulty i found in working with hard drive mags is the various thickness involved
it's difficult to tell from your photos but it appears as though there is still a large gap between the magnets and the iron laminates .
if that gap was about 1/16" or 2mm it would give the best flux density .

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 05:33:28 AM »
Now here we are at the Newbee section and we can get down to business
The Ceiling fans are single phase wound and each coil is counter wound first clockwise then counter clockwise ,
the mags you have look a little rough on placement but if you get 100 volt at 200 rpm you can work with that .
  I see you broke the inner and the outer stator segment into separate circuits you need separate bridge for each . I like using the bridges from Wall worts the one amp versions are good enough
 you can work this into other circuits but for now get the blades and tail made and put it on a mast in a good wind area close to your bench and get some charging into mabe a couple of car batteries and post back .
I have a puls circuit using SCRS that will bring up car batteries I 'll find and set up to the AC use have to work with .
 Bring the Ac  to your bench .

hothead

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 12:27:24 AM »
I dont think i will get more than 3 amps out of this ceiling fan. i want to power my house 1 tv, 1 pc, 1 laptop, 1 refrigerator, 1 fan... i now understand that this project cannot take me off grid  >:( this was my first try.
no neos magnets are in my country and i dont think i will be able to find 300 hard drive to get the magnet out of them, so my next project is 48 microwave magnet i think i will get a lot more amps and power out of it... i see a pro here post result "24 neos magnet at 200 rpm get 700 watt" and "microwave magnet at 200 rpm get 400 watt" not powerful as neos but i think it will work for me
HELP ME :-[

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 09:08:26 AM »
 i have taken apart over two hundred hard drives to retrieve the magnets.
if you go to many computer stores and ask them to save the broken ones for you.
you are now in the recycling business:)
the the real value of those magnets is about $1.oo.
i have also built a few mills using the magnets from loud speakers.

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 04:17:31 AM »
Auto alternators are good to start with I'll post the circuit I use for these they will requre some torque blades and you will need to charge 6 volt batteries but with Two auto alternators and Two deep discharge 6 volt batts you'll be good until you get some building done. Most Places have rebuilt alternators .