Newbies > Newbies

Piggott Blades simplification possible?

<< < (20/20)

Menelaos:
has actually anybody tried to reproduce my single side method...?
I would be interested in the results...

Max

bob golding:

--- Quote from: Menelaos on March 03, 2013, 03:45:16 PM ---has actually anybody tried to reproduce my single side method...?
I would be interested in the results...

Max

--- End quote ---

i have to make a new set of blades soon so will give your method a try. i have always used windstuffnows  figures before so time to try something new. i am in a high wind area so any shape will  work around here. wind is mostly in the 30 to 80 mph range in the winter. i am using solar at the moment so have plenty of time to play with the blade carving.

doodadyoung:
Fellow blade makers,
I have just finished my third blade using Max's chain saw method. It was very fast! I modified a 14" electric chain saw by cutting out the center of the bar to allow it to twist and follow the guides perfectly.
I allowed 1/8" extra to remove the saw marks and to get the slope perfect. I used a hand plainer, Block plain, belt sander and finished it off with a hand sander. I used the single cut for the thickness and the twist. with 3 stations. All in all total time not counting setting up the jig I have less than 2 hours in each blade.
I will be glad to share if anyone is interested

Menelaos:
Looks great!

Nice to hear it worked out for you.

I also modified my chain saw the way you did and I also placed a handle near the tip of the blade which makes it easier and more safe to guide it.

Looking forward to see your blades flying!

Max

doodadyoung:
It will be a while before they are flying. I am starting on the mounting frame and the magnet disks next. I started with the blades first after seeing your post and the chain saw method. It was fun making them, I wish it had more blades to make! I am an R/C pilot and have made my own props on my giant scale planes. Thanks for your innovating thinking on this one. Good job

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version