Author Topic: Orientation of sphere magnet inside sphere magnet  (Read 9807 times)

magnO

Re: Orientation of sphere magnet inside sphere magnet
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2019, 07:53:54 AM »
This thread seems to have lost interest having been hidden away in a "personal story" section. It would be good to get an explanation of what https://imgur.com/hcEG61t shows.

As for reasons I asked the question, main reason I prefer to use abstraction is human bias. See it as conservation of energy. To me, in the debate around whether the Earth radius has been static or dynamic, I think the data supports a dynamic radius. I have no disagreement, whatsoever, about the overall data itself, when talking to a person who believes in fixed radius, both plate tectonics and expansion tectonics use the exact same data, the only disagreement is on a single parameter, radiusStatic == true or false, in how to model the data, and in my opinion radiusStatic = false conforms better to the data. Overall, from how I phrased the question, it is off-topic.

Why I chose to use abstraction, humans select belief based on number of factors, one being genetic bias. There is a process called "meme manipulation" (Leigh, 2010) that rejects ideas based on resident memes. If you see here for example, one idea that gained presence in contrast to the theory of radial increase, is the religious, Abrahamitic, idea that people go to the "underworld" when they die. That is of course nonsense, when you die you just die. But it shows how attention is biased to what it already trusts, what feels good, memes that were often assimilated during childhood without filtration (without any scepticism or rational inquiry whatsoever, in complete suspension of disbelief. )

got to make room for where people go after they die..

Perception precedes belief and belief also precedes perception.

magnO

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2019, 08:58:34 AM »
I can also mention that when working on ideas that have not yet become the dominant paradigm, you get disproportionally much negative response. Galileo was prosecuted by the church a few times if I recall, set free every time, but still a lot of extra work.

Apollo 12 crashed the empty ascent stage of its Lunar Model on the lunar surface, an event that Werner von Brauhn for example  wrote about in this article from March 1970. The seismographs that had been placed on the surface measured seismic waves from the impact, and "the moon rang like a bell for nearly an hour". That is all documented.

I grew up with plate tectonics and the fixed radius model, as in, during childhood, when biologically you are more prone to trust ideas without actual scrutiny, I was told the radius had been fixed and that only the Atlantic Ocean closes shut while the Pacific Ocean surrounded "Pangea". Then at age 27 in 2014 I came across the idea that the Earth radius has increased. The two models, plate tectonics and expansion tectonics, differ only on a single parameter. I am quite capable of being data-driven and actually lean towards being sceptical in many ways. I love natural science, and I'm just a person, like anyone else. Professionally I design game theoretical coordination systems, those require at least some capacity to think about and design rational systems.

There is an abundance of evidence for radial increase, and, there has been an abundance of evidence for a long time. I am very open to civil debate, but, ad hominems are not civil. They are a fallacy, in this case to defend a status quo within a group, in-group bias.

To find common ground, the radial increase requires the volume to increase with the cube of the radius. That mass increase is seen as a problem, "where does the new mass come from". I believe that the mass has been pushed outwards, solving the mass-increase problem with that there has not been a mass increase. That fits with the data from Apollo 12, and, with seismic data in general, the "shadow zones" (a concept in seismology) are from energy loss with distance, silent at 104°, then convergence at antipode from epicentre, reverberating 40° outwards in all directions, 180-40 =140° (visual illustration).

magnO

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2019, 09:45:57 AM »
So for what it is worth, fixed radius model is the crackpot model, the model that suspends disbelief, the model that is not open to rational inquiry but has to be defended with superstition, logical fallacies and violence, deterrents, moderation. There is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions, so I am not looking to be rude, or spam, it is in my self-interest to be transparent, polite, and to gather knowledge about the scientific consensus on the question I ask.

Could anyone say what this is showing? https://imgur.com/hcEG61t

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2019, 11:38:51 AM »
magnO
My questions posted way back in reply #27 remain unanswered . My observations of a hollow magnet will also remain the same, until physical proof is posted.

I will continue reading as a replying observer, and moderator for now.
However please try to understand

Since this is a world-wide viewed forum, people do come and post little gems that are in fact meant as humor. Some translations may not be as exact as one would hope.
We're not purely into science , we like humor. We're also not stuck to tunnel visioned ideas. As I stated before we tend to try to play nice, even sometimes too much causing the original posted questions to get lost . We are humans spanning nearly every country and intelligence levels on this big blue marble.
When someone tries to interject humor into a deep science based question , it's hardly ever meant to be sarcastic, just trying to keep things on the lighter side of life.

This is post remains an interesting one, try not to think we're trying to negative when someone posts SciFi-based humor; especially since some of the items that started out as SciFi are now science based items: satellites, carbon nanotubes, even the Star-trek transporter , just to name a few.

IF however you are looking for pure science based answers without deviations, then perhaps you're posting in the wrong forum.

Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

magnO

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2019, 12:56:13 PM »
Good that you account for neglected responses, I am looking to value all replies.

Relevant to the OP's question.
Are the Sphere's solid or hollow?
outer sphere hollow, inner sphere irrelevant. That was answered in reply #40.

IF we have the inner mag as hollow, same thing, it's merely going to find outer mag's opposite poles and stick there.

Yes like poles repel opposites attract. The question was whether poles were reverse on inside. It seems, from answers, that they are. The answer that so far diverges from others around that was from Joestue, or, his answer seems to show, as seems to be consensus, opposite poles on inside, yet, magnets preferring to orient themselves with opposite polarity (polarity on outside diameter as reference frame), https://imgur.com/hcEG61t.

magnO

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2019, 01:05:19 PM »
We're not purely into science , we like humor. We're also not stuck to tunnel visioned ideas. [...] We are humans spanning nearly every country and intelligence levels on this big blue marble.

Yes I am also human, from same marble, also like humour. When humour is one-sided and directed towards a person, that is not sarcastic, it is actually just ad hominem, or insult. To keep level playing ground where there can be humour, moderation always tends to in-group bias, never neutral. As for scifi-based humour, the comment you refer to was not referring to scifi, so that would be a lie, double-think. I am polite, transparent, and like humour, art, music, whatever. Question was simple, have gotten great answers, one diverged a bit, the last one from Joestue, interested in a bit more context to it to get a deepened understanding, https://imgur.com/hcEG61t

magnO

« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2019, 01:11:30 PM »
To avoid misunderstanding, what I mean is insults are nice on a level playing field. As anyone who understands moderation, game theory, incentives and so on knows, unless perfectly neutral arbitration (which never happens at community level), some insults will be allowed while others are not. That is just a simple fact.

As for my interest in this thread, currently interested in this since it is what diverges from everything said so far:

https://imgur.com/hcEG61t

magnet inside opposite direction.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2019, 10:36:43 PM »
i agree with MattM,

there are too much post activity associated with magnO 

I agree with the senior users....

Me and Flavio had anticipated this type of situation...

"there is a special feature that we can remove posts and put in a special place "BUT" we can restore the posts"

Im probably going to do this pretty soon...

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 06:12:16 PM by JW »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2019, 06:02:13 PM »
I think it would be great if you keep posting, this isn't my first trip to rodeo :)

I think your topics/posts are fine in the Pub section. Where it is now...

We haven't used posts like is the example in a long time.

Best
JW

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
Do you feel like we do Full Version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Yq5m9eLIQ

Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain/Closer To Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8MYsii4DZY

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2019, 05:12:21 PM »
In times gone past, it wasn't that easy to regain control of the forum. Thanks to Flavio that we are prepared for this type of situation... and the tools are in place for us to use.

We're Ready
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euJh8lwbxFs
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:37:50 PM by JW »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2019, 12:43:45 AM »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »
One of the posts I forgot about

This should be the complete set

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,149784.msg1047624.html#msg1047624

JW

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:34:54 PM by JW »

MagnetJuice

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2019, 11:22:34 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving EVERYBODY!!!

May the LOVE, PEACE and GRACE of the Creator permeates every living soul on this planet.

Ed
What can I do TODAY that would make TOMORROW a better world?