Author Topic: Missing Thread  (Read 2119 times)

dloefffler

Missing Thread
« on: July 11, 2012, 10:14:02 AM »
What happened to the very interesting thread from Holland with the active pitch and fiberglass blades?

Dennis

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: Missing Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »
Owners, Admins, GMs, and SD can look into this , do you happen to have the title, date or any of the posting?
Unless there is just blatant spamming on it, we don't normally pull them, just kill the spam crap and lock the spammer.
Give us what you can and we'll do what we can.
It may have only been moved.
Cheers
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

dloefffler

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:18:32 AM »
Seems this was back in April or so , the design was with SolidWorks, there was a plug for the fiberglass mold, the hub was composite, beautiful project.

Dennis

midwoud1

• There are more chiefs than indians
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »
I'm in contact with Marijn Innotech
They are still busy working on it .
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,146381.26.html

dloefffler

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »
Great, yours and their project are very interestng; thanks for replying.

Dennis

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »
Hi Frans,

Thanks for your help finding this thread. As things are now these threads exist on the database, but there hard to find unless you remember the title...

The forum is working good now we have some issues with some threads that dont have images (broke links) but if you look at the images propertys you will see they are remotely hosted (otherpower.com) in the case of the older threads.

This particular post the member uploaded the pictures to the forum, they have a fieldlines.com extension on properties. So threads like this are saved by the system, since awhile ago uptill now and the forseeable future the system of saving images to the forum is now hosted on fieldlines.com not otherpower anymore, so were good. The storage and bandwidth are there, so dont worry about posting pics :)

Also, remotely hosted pictures on photobucket etc. do tend to go dead over time...

This edit I made to one of your posts may be helpful to you, i noticed you have problems embedding objects such as smileys using your browser, so this may be helpful to you.

http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,145925.msg1008247.html#msg1008247

Thanks

JW

niall2

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 08:18:08 PM »
" Also, remotely hosted pictures on photobucket etc. do tend to go dead over time..."....

has Photobucket gone down ?...defunct , lost its data base ?...... i hope not ...it seems to be working ok ....

they do give you the option to " back up "  your files ......so nothing will be lost
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:23:07 PM by niall2 »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »
Im just saying if someone deletes there account on photobucket the images will not remain, Ive seen this happen several times. There's an open door policy here, if a member requests that there account or images be deleted we honor that...

And also some of these type of remotely hosted photo accounts will lapse with inactivity.

JW

niall2

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 08:42:46 PM »
point taken jw

but they  "GIVE "  you the option of  redundancy......click to save .....or ...well ...whatever

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
Yes thats True Naill2, that option is given.

I take alot of heat on this matter, ALL images hosted to the forum that have a "fieldlines.com" ext, are backed up. All the images that were lost from the old posts were hosted on otherpower.com Things just happened to quickly for us to understand there were lost images. By the time Woof started showing us these things the old server was already abandon. We became stuck at that point. Ive mentioned to Wolf "Nick" could possibly have a backup of these images since he made the transition from Scoop software to SMF. It is specifically that year range for the lost images.

The whole reason I want to bring this up, is for the peice of mind of members that upload there images to the forum here.

We've got things under control now, so if someone uploads to the forum, we maintain that for free.

The last time I spoke with DanF about this he remarked, "Finally our problems with the forum  are over software wise- We're Physiced :)

The forum does run on donations for upgrades and things like that. Recently I personally donated about $1000 cash, this year 2012 isolating the forum from the Otherpower server, it took alot of work with many different things/problems.. And geting us on the new server here for Fieldlines..

Members need to think about donating, and we can do things like get the spellcheck working and other enhancements like that.

The ads pay the hosting so were thankful for that, its not cheap trust me I payed it up till 01/05/13... To get us going and handed the thing over to the Dans, turnkey.

Theres all kinds of stuff we can do now.

I also would like to extend a warm "Welcome Back!" to any 'wayward members' Your input made a really positive contribution around here...

JW

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:34:58 PM by JW »