Homebrewed Electricity > Solar

What happens when you generate more than the inverters rating?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Valalvax:
So what your saying is if I have 5 panels in series, and I want to add panels in parallel, I'll need to add 5 in parallel?

DamonHD:
Yes, ideally, if of the same brand/Vmp.

Rgds

Damon

XOKE:
Hi, I have a 4600watts of PV and a GTI XANTREX 3.8 SP,

theres 20 panels of 230watts each, connections 2 strings of 10 in series. I know a guy that have more than 5000watts to same brand GTI.

By the way I have this just for 41 day and I can read on GTI 1070kw.

Regards

Xoke

Johann:

--- Quote from: synovialbasher on September 04, 2012, 11:46:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: thirteen on September 04, 2012, 10:17:08 AM --- I am trying to find out who owns the land and maybe I can get them for the cleanup if they produce electricity.  Everything else has been stripped.  They might be worth the effort maybe.

--- End quote ---

I don't think there's any problem with using older panels, but I wouldn't rate them on their rated output (obviously). I'd check every panel's voltage and current. Any extremely low voltage, just get rid of it. If the amperage is low, you could probably work with it and wire it in parallel. With panels, one bad panel will limit all the others to whatever that bad one is, so make sure they all work well.

I'd also check for any leaks or water damage (as this can short your entire system).

As far as the batteries, I'd contact the county and try to get someone on that case. Lead is EXTREMELY dangerous to an environment, and I'm sure the city would be on that one in a heartbeat. There are serious fines for not properly getting rid of those things properly. As far as using them, they're crap. If they're all bulged out, the plates are likely warped and have shorted, and all the acid is probably all gone anyways.

--- End quote ---
You might be able to use those batteries for a core.

Mary B:
You do realize this is a 4 year old thread...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version