Author Topic: MY possible bug out  (Read 12635 times)

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
Re: MY possible bug out
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
got an email from a friend of mine the other day he said that if I wanted one of his old Ford 750 Backhoes with all of the attachments to use for a week or 10 years all IO needed to do would be to buy new batteries for it and haul it. He no longer uses them as he has several new JCBs  but if it is still in half decent shape I'll probably buy it off him when I get there I'm not one who likes the Idea of using a borrowed machine indefinably   for a day or 2 fine but transporting 500 miles one way from Ft Worth is not a day or 2 type of thing.
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

Frank S

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 06:19:04 PM »
 I got hold of a guy yesterday who just bought 500 mil surplus shipping containers
 Said the thought there are several high cube 40s or 45s in the batch this is the same guy that I bought the magnets from He said that he will make sure that they are overseas transport qualified and will arrange with a friend of his at the port authority to make sure I can ship them with my goods $1800.00 apiece with documents plus what ever the shipping cost will be sounds pretty good to me since I will own them and won't have to worry about unloading until I'm ready
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

Frank S

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »
Well so far the guy's containers have proved to be a fantasy He got in a 100 of the e20 footers but the very wasteful US military had cut holes in them so they could not be sold as a weapons system. over the years while being over here I've seen millions of tons of perfectly good equipment cut and sold by the  military for less than 1/4 of 1 cent on the dollar of replacement cost.
 But never mind that for now there are not enough recyclable electrons in the internet for me to vent about that.
 I finally found something that I can do and my wife will never interrupt me while I am busy.
 Its called PACKING!

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

CraigM

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »
Good luck Frank, welcome home soon.
Brain engaged in Absorption Charge Mode... please wait, this may take awhile.

Frank S

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:17 PM »
Right now  I have 71 cubic feet of books from my library boxed up, at the shop there may be an additional 9 cu.ft. and I've thrown away at least that much in periodicals, brochures and magazines  What a pain.
 Since I'm on a total space reduction scheme trying to make sure that everything will fit into 1 40 ft container,anything that can be disassembled and packed into a smaller space gets done.
 A lot of my jigs and some of my equipment that I brought over will not be going back so that will help out. 

Frank S

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
Bugging out list
 1 buy packing materials
2 sort pack and label everything
3 pack everything
4 discover things you thought were long gone
5 haul everything to a central storage location
6 leave house exactly as was when moved in (clean & paint)
7 get wife's medical records from all 3 hospitals and clinic
8 inspect all 39 technician's tool boxes for your personal tools 
9 have all of your personal equipment cleaned and removed from factory use
10 cancel all satellite TV contracts
11turn in all security badges
12 have fingerprint ID passes cleared from everyone's systems
13 pay off credit card
14 visit bank and finally create ” E” bank ID
15 close out all of wife's security accounts and Bank account
16 Order plane tickets
17 collect past salary and years of service contract money
18 arrange new remote location terms of service contract
19 have book-keeping print out 10 year wage earnings and expense payment report
20 get container
21 fill container
22 ship container
23 in lieu of 20 ,21 & 22 ( not for publication)
24  warn everyone that they have less than 30 days to ship goods
 25 drive to airport lock car and Call Company tell them where the keys are
 OK #s 1-5, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, & 23 are done
 17, 18, & 19 are causing the office staff to flip out even my partner said he would rather have to eat pork and get drunk than have to go through this. TOO BAD!
 Still need to go to the Bank also the company is setting up a new bank account for me tomorrow at another bank and opening up another credit card account for me one in which can be paid directly from my bank account Don't know why we need this because my bank account is already set up that way but the bank the company uses now does direct deposit to all staff and employees, My current bank they have to do a bank transfer each time.
 I have to tell you   shipping my household and what we called clearing the Post when I left the Military was not this tedious even with my security clearances that I had
 I wonder if I have left anything out

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »
Only thing I can see that is you forgot to add a revisit item #8.
:)
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

Frank S

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 12:44:36 AM »
 I still have 6, 7, 8, 10 14, and 17 through 25 to complete and if 20, 21, & 22 get done deactivate 23 actually all I have to do is just reset the timer to stand by, the building itself is where we do our testing for fire rated and blast resistant doors and other items