Author Topic: New in electrics how to begin ?  (Read 1994 times)

future

New in electrics how to begin ?
« on: September 30, 2012, 05:28:32 AM »
    Hello, I am quit young man who is interested to start receive knowledge about electrics. My question is, how would you suggest me to start know thing's about electric ? How did you learned  ?

Some day I want to realize projects from this forum and first of that I need knowledge I thought. Any suggestions from what I need to start ? Perhaps some tutorials, I have started read a book called 'Electronic for dummies'

thanks indeed,

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
Re: New in electrics how to begin ?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »
reading is the best start .
congratulations on finding this very good forum

madlabs

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:45:45 AM »
Where to start depends on what interests you. If electronics, get some of Forrest Mim's books, fun projects using cheap parts. If programmable electronics, get a "what's a microcontroller" from Parallax Inc. If it's alternative energy, get some rechargable batteries, motors, solar panels and play with that.

The main thing is to find something that you really want to play with. Then the learning becomes fun, and when it's fun you learn for the same reason a monkey plays with itself. Because it feels good!

Jonathan

hvirtane

• About Solar Cooking
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:41:37 AM »
If you want to do something similar as many people from this forum... I would suggest that besides a book about electricity, you would get some permanent magnets, copper wire and a multimeter. Quickly you'll find out, how power is being generated, when you'll move a magnet over copper wires.

-hv

GoVertical

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »
Hi, power electronics, MPPT, buck converter, turn a mosfet on and off, learn to write code, best of luck with your academic endeavors.
Cheers   
Learn from the past, live in the present, plan for the future
kilroyOdin is not here ;)
SEMPER FEROX