Author Topic: how many watts produce a 24 magnet & 12 coils  (Read 2502 times)

kil1800

how many watts produce a 24 magnet & 12 coils
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »
hi this is my first post, I'm trying to make a wind turbine but I have a question, how many watts produce a turbine with 24 magnets and 12 coils like the one shown in youtube videos using a disc brake 11 inch I need to get at least 500 watts please indicate how to get it if the 24 magnets and 12 coils do not produce it, if I have to use more than magnets and more coils. Thanks

gww

Re: how many watts produce a 24 magnet & 12 coils
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
Have you looked over the volvo disk break projects on this web site?
gww

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 06:58:14 PM »
Everything depends on how hard the wind blows, brake drum mills are pretty much old technology now, a dual rotor axial flux machine will make more power with less wire and magnets.
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

prasadbodas2000

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 03:14:45 AM »
If we keep the wind availability aside (meaning that we assume it to be a very good windy site) and just want to determine practical max power such a machine can make, even then magnet size and grade,  rotor diameter, coil wire size/guage will be governing factors....

And as such a correctly designed, sized and fabricated dual disk rotor generator with 24 numbers (12 on each rotor) 2x1x0.5 inch Grade 35 Neo magnets can go for 350-500 watts sustained output....IMHO

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »
 Pick up the two books the one from other power and the Piggot book . The Disks are heavy  but it's all doable . You'll find though that
Trailer parts and two steel disks make a more reliable hardware match . There are bolt on spindles and if you send your hub pattern to Otherpower or Windstuff you can get a match for  around $100 with jacking screw holes and the whole 9 .  Take a step back and save some money tat will save money in the long run . start by picking up some batteries and solar in the mean time .
It would help if OP would post the bolt parttern in PGF hint hint
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:46:25 AM by tecker »

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14:32 AM »
With the machine you describe just a wild estimation with the correctly sized wire would be a 1kW sustained machine.
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

kil1800

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
Everything depends on how hard the wind blows, brake drum mills are pretty much old technology now, a dual rotor axial flux machine will make more power with less wire and magnets.
First, thank you for taking your time to read and answer my post. Could you tell me where or how to get this new technology you mention. Thanks

kil1800

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »
Have you looked over the volvo disk break projects on this web site?
gww
Not but I will thank you.

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »
First, thank you for taking your time to read and answer my post. Could you tell me where or how to get this new technology you mention. Thanks

Just go to the top right hand corner of the pager and click on the other power logo, then on the site click on wind power, it's all there.