Author Topic: put my hf 45w kit to use for the first time  (Read 1462 times)

wiredwrong

put my hf 45w kit to use for the first time
« on: November 20, 2012, 11:29:44 PM »
When I moved here all i had been working on and acquired was left behind, i recently bought a hf 45w kit to keep the battery in my 5th wheel up when not in use, I bought the 5th wheel to live in for a while back in Oklahoma, when i got to Texas I moved into a house but kept the 5th wheel, i wanted to put a simple solar on the trailer so i picked up the kit when i came across a coupon for 149.99, I just picked up the kit about 2 weeks ago and hadn't unboxed it till today. I came home at lunch to find the electric off, since I'm  incubating chickens,  no power  was a problem, so I grabed an old truck battery, my 1200w tripp lite inverter and my panels in about 20 minutes i had it all set up and the incubators back online, the temp had dropped to about 88f when i got here and i had them back up to temp within about 40 minutes of arriving home, hopefully. They will make it,  without the panels,  i know i would have lost them for sure, the room they are in is about 55f, and it took several hours to get the power back on.