Author Topic: Advice Needed - 24v Battery Bank on 48v Turbine  (Read 10770 times)

WattsUp

Re: Advice Needed - 24v Battery Bank on 48v Turbine
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 03:06:14 PM »
 Hi Everyone.
 I know this is an older post but thought I would give it a try.

I have also gone round and round with these turbines for months.  With good results for what there worth.

I own 2 of the ARI 750 48 volt turbines  and I can answer some of your questions.

Tag on the back of the turbine has several lines of info most important 24 VOLT A/C.  It is a 24 volt A/C turbine.
 Not what I wanted to see at all.

7 m/s is 16 mph wind speed. I get on the mutimeter in the ball park of 100 volts A/C Open current phase to pahse.

With such low phase to phase voltage in so much wind. Are the blades on the turbine mounted correctly?  The instruction and pictures are a little misleading. I sanded balanced and epoxied the blades. I thought it odd that it would be counter rotating but ok. It is what it is.

I had the 2 turbines with bridge rectifiers and a ts 60 controler set to diversion on a 24 volt 400 ah battery bank.  Best I ever saw was 320 watts from both together in a 30 mph wind. I used my trimetric battery monitor set for watts.

A few weeks ago I purchased a classic 150 made a clipper unit and a night and day difference. 850+ watts 35 mph wind gust aux 2 flashes, in on classic reads 92 .5 volts WOW!

I hope the info helps. I am a newbie and never posted to a forum anywhere. But the knowledge on this forum is outstanding.

Thanks Everyone
Dave

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 04:10:43 PM »
Hi

Welcome to FL and we're hono(u)red to have your first post anywhere, I'm sure!

And that's not even such an ancient thread that you resurrected...

Thanks for the info.

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

zvizdic

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »

Welcome  WattsUp

It is unpredictable with wind and you should read and read some more before committing to buy china turbine.
There are overrated for a power production.
I found Other-power turbine underrated when they rate 10' 750 W  .

I had to cut my blades to 9' and lighten a tale to tame it down. Surprising me some times with 2000W  on turnigy watt meter.

Is it a grid-tie system?
Must cost a pretty penny for all of it. 

WattsUp

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 08:14:55 PM »
Hi zvizdic

The system is not grid tied.  Like most  fee for the meter and no cash return. I already have 2 Peak demand meters that's more epensive than the utility usage at this point.  Any extra power over usage you donate for free. Co Op power company, they controll the h2o tank and reverse cycle heat pump electronically to shut them off when needed. I heat with wood

I would actually say I have less money invested in all the wind than the 8- 200 watt solar panels and racking alone.

always better to experiment with cheap stuff than something nice.

Dave