Author Topic: Opinions on Sun Solar Panels?  (Read 3133 times)

Dougrunner

Opinions on Sun Solar Panels?
« on: October 25, 2012, 11:02:35 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Sun solar panels?

A retailer near me is offering them very cheap but I can't find anything in terms of reviews online.

The warranty seems pretty good, 10 years against materials and workmanship defects, 10 years @90% output and 20 years @80%.

Any thoughts or opinions would be great.

Thanks

OperaHouse

Re: Opinions on Sun Solar Panels?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 09:41:06 AM »
Any warranty is basically worthless beyond a year.  None of these companies are going to be around for long.  Guess what the warranty is worth on my near dead Photowatt panels.

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »
free shipping both ways and 50% reinbursment for any broken panels. Just a wild blind guess
MntMnROY 13

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »
eBay lists their panels at less than $2 a watt delivered even for panels less than 50 watts. If those are for real they are a bargain.

The small stuff usually costs a lot more per watt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-30-watt-Sun-Solar-Panel-PV-Mono-crystalline-25-Years-Warranty-/160896442236?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25762cdf7c

The warranty might be hard to collect on, though unless you live in China.

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »
A warranty from China is worth less that the paper it's written on, there is no real legal recourse whatsoever, I'd also like to see anybody get the free return shipping paid for, or even a replacement panel.
If it sounds too good to be true...................................
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

Biofarmer

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
Sun Electronics covers any warranty issues and is a very good company to its customers- not to mention that they have the best prices on solar in the U.S. (plus the Miami warehouse is close enough for me to drive to- no shipping)
http://www.sunelec.com/
-And no, I'm not a shill/pimp for them but have been following them online for a few years watching the prices and anticipating the day when I can get my panels...

JSNH

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 10:04:34 PM »
I have 3,600 watts of sun panels. That group is 2 years old and working great. I also have another group of 4,000 watts  of panels from Sun Electronics but they are evergreens. All is fine. The price I paid was quite low on both groups. This is the first year of net zero.