Homebrewed Electricity > Controls

Demonstration of Generator Support

<< < (6/6)

ChrisOlson:

--- Quote from: Bruce S on February 09, 2015, 12:11:02 PM ---Come on down the the sub-tropics of St Louis :-) mid-sixties yesterday!
Hows the bike? not much time to ride with the "FEETS" of snow y'all been getting lately!

--- End quote ---

Hi Bruce,

Yeah, there's a guy named Jim that's from O'Fallen Missouri on the Farm Net on the ham radios.  He checked into our net last night and was telling about that.  Another guy checked in from Kansas and said it was 70 degrees there yesterday.

Oh well, yeah I been sitting on the bike every now and then dreaming about spring.  It's sitting in the shop and I could ride it except for salt on the roads and some treacherous ice to get it from the shop to the road.  My wife has hers in the car garage all covered up and I told her the other day I should put the battery charger on it to make sure the battery stays up.  She told me I'm not to touch her bike - it's hers and she doesn't want me "Tim Tayloring" some different engine in it or something   :o

Homesteader1:
Hi Chris,
Well I ordered the Schneider equipment and will spend much of this spring/summer installing and tweeking my new system. I've wanted to do something like this for years and now finally will be doing it. I hope you don't mind me asking more questions along the way. I will be putting an old Jacobs 1800W wind turbine into use and I know it will not likely produce much compared to my 6Kw solar system but I'm an (retread) electrical engineer by training and I just cant imagine being happy watching a solar system do it's thing. So the wind turbine will be my mental exercise machine. I have a Carter 80' monopole tower that it will be mounted to. My question for the day is this: Aside from the obvious technical issues of "How" to mount it, have you ever heard of anyone mounting two wind turbines on one tower? I want to experiment by making my own generators but don't want to put up additional towers. This tower can be lowered in 5 minutes so the drudgery of raising/lowering the tower don't come into the picture. Just wondering...
Thanks
Dale

Mary B:
you could build a bearing sleeve to go around the tower with an offset shelf to hold the wind turbine but it will take tweaking to make it track right into the wind. Ham operators side mount antennas all the time using ring rotors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version