Remote Living > Transportation

Need bicycle parts

(1/3) > >>

dnix71:
My eBike hub cracked inside and the bearings on that side caved in. I made a temporary fix using a sealed bearing on that side, but that bearing failed, too. I had bought 2 of the sealed bearings, so I reinforced the inside with a lock nut and washer and that held until I was able to get a complete wheel replacement from CurrieTech. I bought a consumer grade bike tool kit from eBay and removed the cassette. With a bench vise and arc welder I was able to remove the freewheel/drive gear on the other side so I now have a stripped wheel with a broken hub.

How do I identify the hub? The rim says Veronique, but the only hub marking is 7L and the maker's mark K7. The threads on the cassette side are right hand and on the freewheel side are left hand.

XeonPony:
hubs are pretty universal, just bring the old one with you to any half descent bike shop and if they don't have it in stock will be able to order it for ya.

Norm:

--- Quote from: XeonPony on May 23, 2013, 10:15:57 AM ---hubs are pretty universal, just bring the old one with you to any half descent bike shop and if they don't have it in stock will be able to order it for ya.

--- End quote ---
You can pick up a whole bicycle for about $10-15 from salvation army or goodwill too !
Norm.

XeonPony:
he won't get the type of hub he needs from there, he needs a duel threaded hub to attach the electric drive sprocket/freewheel mechanism.

MagicValleyHPV:
dnix71,

The bearing cups are usually pressed in the hub. You should be able to knock-out the cups and replace them. Or, after removing the cups, replace them with caged sealed bearings. If you use caged bearings, you'll need to fab a spacer between the bearings (a short section of tubing). Most current bike hubs now use caged bearings. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version