Author Topic: Interesting Solar Motor idea (Video)  (Read 2217 times)

gotwind2

• ben[at]gotwind.org
    • Gotwind - The Renewable Energy Resource
Interesting Solar Motor idea (Video)
« on: May 22, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
Hi guys.
I found this on Youtube and thought it would be of interest and worthy of discussion here - it's certainly got me thinking today. It's a solar powered partialy shaded axial motor, 4 coil/5 pole, very strange  :o - Skip the annoying advert (I hate them).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0V8Fa0ViY&feature=share&list=UUSfM8lmZAPcT2ahqQkMBuVQ

Then I thought about the high efficiency claim, surely 'shading' up to 50% of the solar panels can't be the best use of the available power? - interesting idea though, a direct solar coreless, brushless motor - it would run for years i suspect.

Your thoughts welcomed.

Ben.

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
Re: Interesting Solar Motor idea (Video)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 04:51:35 PM »
this is brilliant , it's got ventilation fan written all over it.

OperaHouse

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 05:51:51 PM »
He imagines that it is high efficiency.  I wonder how many other things he imagines?  I imagine if you took that many solar cells And didn't shade them most of the time it would be a lot better.  An artistic novelty that has no practical purpose.  Or the perfect solution for a mechanical guy that hates electronics.

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:32:48 PM »
 "the perfect solution for a mechanical guy that hates electronics."
mia culpa.
your running the cells  50 percent of the time but you eliminating a dc fan and motor
the solar cells become the fan.

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 07:45:08 AM »
You do the same with a radial rotor . I'd like to Know how the cells can take the torque . Been running Bedini motors for a while now And the best part of the Whole project is the different directions the information pushes up whole RE experience