Author Topic: May I have info for a 40' freestanding lattice tower,pse?  (Read 1714 times)

vassile52

May I have info for a 40' freestanding lattice tower,pse?
« on: August 25, 2013, 09:46:49 PM »
Hi !

I have a 40' freestanding lattice tower.
The base is 32"x32".
I would like to put on a WISHPER 500 wind generator.
The rotor diameter is 15'.
I need yours help.I need any informations  for my foundation,please.

My e-mail is yo5bzz(at) gmail.com
Thank you!
Vasile

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: May I have info for a 40' freestanding lattice tower,pse?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »
Do you mean than you need to contact an engineering firm?  I think you said you live near Calgary, so maybe these people can help:

http://www.itstower.com/services.html

If you have the interest in designing your own tower foundation, you would have to learn how to do this engineering.  Your own safety is involved.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
Re: May I have info for a 40' freestanding lattice tower,pse?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 12:14:54 AM »
  "  " to what SparWeb said
 however if you have the engineering data of the tower itself  it will help you when you contact them or someone else
 Additionally you will need to provide distance from existing buildings or structures.
  You may find that your lattice tower is not designed to handle the wind loading of a wind generator. and may need to guy it
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin