Author Topic: Schneider Conext ComBox  (Read 4444 times)

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
Schneider Conext ComBox
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:58:15 PM »
OK, we'll give this a try.  I made a video last August attempting to show some of the functions of the Schneider Electric Conext ComBox.  The ComBox replaces the old XW Gateway and provides complete system remote control, configuration, and power logging for Conext/Xantrex XW, SW, and GT power systems.  And it provides these functions without having to have a PC running 24/7.  It stores Custom Data Logs on a micro SD card and runs on Xanbus power.  It draws about 3-4 watts in normal operation and up to 10 watts when it is performing more processor intensive functions such as rotating daily logs.

The ComBox has a web server in it and it is cross platform.  It works on Windows, Mac, Linux or any mobile device that can run a web browser.  It also runs with a special App provided by Schneider Electric on Android tablet computers with 7" screen or larger.

The ComBox, in combination with an Android Tablet, completely replaces the old SCP (System Control Panel).  We can go to Canada fishing, and as long as we have a cell signal on our Android phones we can log in on our power system back home and start and stop the generator from the middle of the lake in Canada.

This is a photo of the ComBox itself - it also has RS485 ModBus, USB, etc..:

And this is the video I made, demonstrated on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0 tablet computer:

--
Chris

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:05:36 PM by ChrisOlson »

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
Re: Schneider Conext ComBox
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:29:42 PM »
Can't edit the post so I will make additional comments here for people who have never heard of, or seen, this system:

The ComBox only works with Schneider Electric equipment.  When we decided to go with this off-grid system we replaced two of our MidNite Classic 150 controllers with new Schneider XW-MPPT60-150's.  The XW controllers work with it, while the Classics don't.  The ComBox is to the top right of the MPPT60's

It plugs into the network ethernet switch with Cat5, which is in turn connected to our network router for our Motorola Canopy internet.  We have static IP so we can access our power system from remote thru the ComBox.  In theory it could talk to the Classic 150 controllers because they both speak ModBus, and the Conext Xanbus is ModBus over CAN.  But I have not had time to explore that function yet.
--
Chris