Notices > Polls

Why did you get involved in alternative energy?

<< < (2/12) > >>

Frank S:
I've never been one who was very good at being a conformist. even though there is a pole & transformers not 5 feet from my motor coach the utility company wanted a hefty fee plus a temporary pole and permits to connect me then their monthly minimum would have been quite high as well even if I didn't use any of their juice. What I spend each month on diesel or rape seed oil to cover what we can not get from our solar, is actually on average not much more than their monthly minimum.
  If I can double my solar and bank this spring, we will actually be in the black with our system and at near net zero by winter. 

thirteen:
When I was growing up we lived most of the time off grid. I always wanted to live in the mountains and where I am now it is 4.5 miles from power unless I make it. I have always hated paying the power bill. I am putting in more solar upon the hill above my house. I hate paying a power bill each month so this way is better than paying an ever increasing power bill. When things get tough I will still have power and no power bills to pay. Plus I will need all my money to pay the governments mistakes.  It is a challenge.  13

Mary B:
Need another choice, as backup power for way to frequent grid failures. Power just came back up after being off for 6 hours. Glad my pellet stove can run off 12 volts to heat the house.

electrondady1:
"Why did you get involved in alternative energy?"

i was fool to fall in love !

birdhouse:
i purchased some property where the grid was ~2 miles away.  with the combination of wind and solar, it's *almost* like i've got grid power. 

it's been a steep learning curve, but i've loved every minute of it! 

adam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version