Author Topic: Home away from home, on wheels :)  (Read 1988 times)

micropv

Home away from home, on wheels :)
« on: September 05, 2014, 12:38:18 AM »
Scavenger camper based loosely on a ledge vardo.  I did buy the trailer new, and thus far about a dozen dimensional lumber boards and the windows, otherwise dumpster diving and a shed tear down for the siding.

Already purchased a 100W 12v panel for it  8)

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: Home away from home, on wheels :)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:50:01 PM »
For more wood, you might go looking at a good supply of pallets, around Missouri those pallets are made from Oak.
Most are not treated, and most are odd sizes, but they sure are good for building seats and such.
Nice looking BTW :)
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 06:22:29 PM »
Looks like some of the deer shacks around here

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:40:41 AM »
You might want to find a scale and run it over just to see how much it weighs. But don't tell anyone. I am thinking of tire safety and stopping range. Are there brakes on your new home? Batteries should be on the outside but biuld a cover you can lock. If therer is a salvage yard or wrecking yard you might be able to find a small stove and oven cheap or work for it.  Small wrecked trailers have real small stoves and some times only a two burner stove. Just right for coffee and an egg or two.
You will have to put lights on it. You could make it so if you had to leave it next to a road you could use the batteries to flash the lights if needed if there are problems. Save a ticket maybe??
Best of luck with it looks good to me. 13
MntMnROY 13