Remote Living > Housing

new home construction

<< < (2/3) > >>

electrondady1:
why wouldn't you wire your house in a conventional manner and simply power it up with a renewable source. you may wish to sell it at some time and some kind of "exotic" wiring could affect your market value , or insurance  etc.

gww:
I would give electrodaddys post a thumbs up if that was an option on this site.  I agree whole heartedly with his sentiment.
Good luck
gww

Mary B:
Long as the low voltage wiring complies with NEC it won't affect insurance at all. I don't see it damaging resale value either if done right with wall outlets designated for DC use(powerpoles etc) and they could be combined with other low voltage outlets like CATV. I fit is a hack job with wires hanging out of the wall and ceiling then yeah it will affect things

gww:
Just my opinion, but I believe even done right, low voltage plugs would affect price.  It might effect the price up with the perfect buyer who was looking for that but for the majority of buyers, I believe they would beware due to the fact of not understanding or seeing no use for it when a more usefull item would have been better placed there.  Point in fact, I bought a house and lived in it while I remodled it.  It had wonderfully installed two plug spots through out the house for tv connections.  I had to remove, cover, replace with cable and patch them all because it was a detraction having a bunch of useless plugs through out the house.

Just my opinion.
gww

dnix71:
This works apparently if you include solar in new construction.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/energy/net-zero-communities-that-make-solar-power-work-expand-in-florida/2211425

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version