Author Topic: bobbin building......  (Read 651 times)

GreenTeam

bobbin building......
« on: August 29, 2020, 03:43:04 AM »
Building bobbins is starting to get really old really fast lol. No store i go to knows what im asking for..   
they look at me like a kook....your doing what;? why! you get that stuff from the walls!!  lol. So i go home, break out the gorilla glue , dremel and wood clamps and hope this one holds AgAiN!

bigrockcandymountain

Re: bobbin building......
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 08:33:34 AM »
they look at me like a kook....your doing what;?

Better get used to that.  Pretty much everything I do I get those looks.  I just tell myself it's because I'm way more interesting than your average guy. 😁

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 05:28:25 PM »
I listen to the conversations of my co-workers.  The mechanical engineers agonize with each other about getting on a ladder to scoop leaves out of their house eaves troughs.  I've built and raised 3 towers now, but I say little about this to my colleagues.  The electrical engineers argue around and around about how much current a wire can hold.  I've set wire insulation on fire with short-circuit currents, but I don't interrupt them.  The office avionics guru struggles to distinguish noise from the signal on an antenna RF line.  I've developed a digital algorithm that extracts the motor's base frequency from the harmonics, but I don't step in to explain what they are missing.
It's best if you just know that everything you learn makes you a better person, but probably not best to talk too much about it.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

GreenTeam

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 05:51:58 PM »
my major problem is that i am building micro axfxpmg's ....
and its kinda scary to cut ply wood 1 cm with a circular saw.....
But, ive got a solution on how to do it!
3D print a miniature table saw that uses a dremel lol.