Author Topic: Building a 6kw pure sine wave inverter using power jack boards part1 transformer  (Read 120250 times)

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Good source for heatsinks in the USA http://www.heatsinkusa.com/ I have used them on a couple ham radio amplifier builds.

influence

No issues with aliexpress....For bulk parts they are definitely cheaper esp since they can list things for less than a dollar (compared to ebay)...
Ive had a couple of packages lost. It was fully refunded/resent

Stick to sellers that can offer e-EMS, DPEX,OPX Singapore and e-Packet. Some of the fastest (relative to cost) freight methods compared to chinapost...

Aliexpress is managed and funded by Alibaba which is a mammoth company compared to Ebay...

I trust their resolution process. Basically you put in a dispute, submit evidence. If the seller is being less than forthcoming you escalate the dispute
and aliexpress steps in. I have only had to use that method when I get fake ICs and mosfets or something is broken on delivery.

...annoying but I get refunds each time.

influence

Btw oztules you are right about the board mods...I believe the ports J2 J3 L1 can be used to monitor the mains output...great if you are building your own monitoring system.

Neil

influence,

I noticed that your control board has no low cut off resistor on it, did you have to put one in or does it work find
with out it?

Neil

Hi Oztules,

I know you don't use the power jack boards anymore but was wondering if you could help me out. I ordered a control card last year for a 48v inverter, it was supposed to be 60 hz but they sent me a 50hz card, do you know what cap needs to come out or replaced in order to get the 60hz?
The control cards are like the ones in message #193.

Thanks,

oztules

• Village idiot
Not a clue... I would expect it is in the software. In the 8010 boards it is pin selectable.

.........oztules
Flinders Island Australia

Neil

thanks Oztules.

was afraid of that.

Vijay R.

Hi all,
I am new to the forum. These days I am repairing a PJ 48V/230 AC LF inverter. It came with no output.Customer said it is a 5KW unit. Observed blown 5V regulator, switch mode FET  and a diode in the main board power supply.
I managed to fix this and the 12V and 5V are now OK. But still not doing anything apart from that. Main board (LF-PSW-MAIN-BOARD Rev 1.8 has IRF 3710  (all 20 pcs and SMD resistors are good.)

I can feel the main processor MC908MR32CFUE warming up too much, oscillator not running. So I suspect this.I have got down a replacement chip with the same number.

Before going ahead,I like to study the interconnections between the main processor  and other small ic s around it so that I don't fry it again.

I have read almost all the threads in Other power, Another power  and elsewhere about this inverter. Cannot find any discussion about the operation of the control system.

All I am looking for is an interconnection diagram preferably with waveforms. If any of you good guys have experienced this before, please shed some light.
Where can I find a complete schematic or block diagram of this board. (Power Jack LF Control Rev 1.4   CTRL-INV 2013/08 Rev 1.2 ) This has a daughter board for the gate driver with two TLP 350