Microcontrollers > Microcontrollers/General

Any interest in XanBus protocol ?

<< < (4/4)

ve3aam:
I must correct a couple of errors

XanBus is based on NMEA2000 which is based on SAE J1939. Most messages use NMEA2000's Fast Packet protocol (9 bytes to ~200 bytes).
Only bigger messages such as firmware download use J1939's Multi-Frame protocol.

Most status messages are sent at a rate of 2x per second.  Basic Sts is usually sent 4x per second and ISO Address Claim is sent every second.

Hope this clears some confusion!

Dale

Yyrkoon:
Actually, I believe there are multiple types of XanBus. rs485, and canbus(rg45) physical layer. ModBus, and NEMA2000 fastpacket software protocol.

And, they're not even remotely the same. CANBus Xanbus for instance, does not use addresses to payload data, but instead uses PGNs, which is not a single value, but a category of values.

Yyrkoon:

--- Quote from: ve3aam on August 22, 2015, 10:58:42 AM ---
"So in the first frame 20 49 03 FC 33 01 01 00 the bolded values here I'm fairly certain is a 32bit bit field, but I have no idea what it is. Aside from that, I'm not sure I care about the rest of the data."

If memory serves me right, the first line indicates length of data, source ID, destination ID, info about the packet, etc. (my info is not in any order)
I just plug in my CANbus monitor, I built a couple of years ago. Uses a dedicated PIC18F4680 controller with CAN built in, that communicates with a PIC18F4550 USB controller...I will get back into this!! Coffee being made, and I will start to look at this once again!

Schneider (Xantrex) is going to send me an other! #2, Conext ModBox to replace the other replacement that crapped out last October!! NOW YOU SEE WHY I'M GETTING BACK INTO THIS! LOL.
The teck support guy in California says that"I'm over working the ComBox" and this is why they fail! I fell of my chair laughing!!! I've been an engineer longer than he's been breathing air!!!
I'm still laughing! No kidding, seriously...
Dale

--- End quote ---

We've been dealing with tech support as Schneider for the last couple months. The guy we're dealing with - which is probably the same person isn't always the brightest bulb . . .

So we have two SW's that *were* running in parallel, except that when the second one kicks in it can sometimes start oscillating. After a while, we got tired of dealing with this person, and starting letting the inverters oscillate and logging what they're doing. Turns out the slave for some reason goes negative voltage - As if it's charging the batteries ! Anyway trying to explain this to the guy in tech support is like talking to a brick wall. And supposedly trying to duplicate our setup he's used two inverters, with a single electric heater plugged into it . . resistive load right ? Our load when this happens is largely inductive. A Jet pump, a couple freezers, and a fridge . . .

Anyway, I'm not an EE, but my buddy is, and has been for more than 30 years. Some of the stuff this tech support person comes up with is yes, exactly hilarious . . ."Well, your sdcard must be bad . . ." or some stupid garbage like that - Because god forbid that someone actually finds a bug in their hardware / software.

Anyway, we'll eventually nail down the problem, and then we'll offer to fix it for them for a fee ;) Wouldn't that be funny heh

BTW I sent you a PM with email in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version