Logged in users > User Diaries

Restoration of a 150 year old Barn.

<< < (24/25) > >>

MattM:
We call it 18" tile in the states. :)

Very similar to my kitchen tile.  Only you have that subfloor heating.  I'm jealous!

Mary B:
Friend ha sin floor heat in his garage. It is so nice to work in during winter!

clockmanFRA:
The 150 year Old barn goes Operational.

Its done and operational.

My general Blurb below.......

Hi Everyone.

The L'amphithéâtre des moutons, or The Sheep Lecture Theater building becomes fully operational.

Another of our 12 buildings is now Finished, yea! .
Just two more left to do.
Fully independent building with its own electricity, water and sewage system. This is a building within a building and does not interfere with the original old Oak framed building and mud walls.
We fitted an internal RSJ steel structure cage inside the new internal walls that now stabilises the original fabric and also supports and takes the weight of the repaired and restored roof.
Minimum concrete used for the slab foundation inside, and this supports the new very thick thermal block walls with Insulation between the new and the old walls, making this building to Passive house standards.
This build project will be fully explained with lots of photos in our ’20 years of our Sustainability Project’.

A few photos here........

From 2002...... The original building.....

Our Sheep, the occupants .......

Today, 27th May 2022. ......

clockmanFRA:
Inside with small kitchen, freezer room, WC etc.

Hi Bruce,

Getting stuff done here but slowly as its just me, all my boys at Uni with the youngest at Oxford in UK. …….  Slight upgrade of the OzInverter and its design.  …….. PV trackers the Redrock drive circuit do not like European moisture. …….. Wind Turbines OKAY. …….. 9.6Kw PV simple design array going in giving us 31Kw PV……… AC coupling OKAY, ……… ECO salt swimming pool OKAY. ………..  Reed beds grey water recycle system OKAY. ……… Sewage system OKAY. ………… 2 passive house standard Gites fully operational. ……… Plante Battery project back on plan. ……… The Old Medieval house project is now starting, middle boy is at Uni doing Architecture green and sustainability stuff and he is onboard with this project and using it for his course. …… Clocks etc, yes still at them but need to start another build book on one of my designs.
Take care, Leslie.

Bruce S:
WoW!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version