Author Topic: Restoration of a 150 year old Barn.  (Read 26053 times)

OperaHouse

Re: Restoration of a 150 year old Barn.
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2016, 05:12:35 AM »
Every woman should have a little black outfit. But, does anyone else here find it strange that safety personnel are wearing such low visibility protective gear.  Even fire trucks aren't red here anymore.

Bruce S

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2016, 09:36:20 AM »
ClockmanFRA;
That's pretty cool! Strangely enough, we were fighting a 4-alarm about the day you sent that. An old refrigeration / cold storage building was being open-flame heated for a couple "transient" people who then needed recusing. Cold storage buildings are Cork lined to keep cold (old ice-houses) in.
Fire got between cork and building, it's still smoldering. WE even made NBC news with the pretty! but o-so-damn cold ice covered H&L .
Here's the Google map, it's the 5-story building, not the Kerr foundation, that is 100% green.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.6374774,-90.1819755,21z/data=!3m1!1e3
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2017, 03:32:56 PM »
Works here trundle along.

The Old barn, Lecture Theatre, gets its south side slate roof covered with PV.

16off 280W, 4.5kW, Mono's 60 cell, assembled in Germany, wafers from you know where. Each panel is 1000mm by 1675mm, or , in old money, 39.5 inches by 66 inches, 16kg or 35lbs.

About $170 each.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 03:38:59 PM by clockmanFRA »
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.

3off Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (9 years).  .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (5 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled Used/SH GTI's, on my OzInverter created Grid, and back charging with AC Coupling to the OzInverter to my 48v 1300ah batteries.

Bruce S

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2017, 09:36:00 AM »
ClockmanFRA;
That's a rather inventive way to keep the tile roofing from being weather worn  ;).

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2017, 02:03:45 AM »
Spot on Bruce-ey babe .........  :)

Yes ,     got to protect my precious slate tiles..........  ;D

3off Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (9 years).  .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (5 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled Used/SH GTI's, on my OzInverter created Grid, and back charging with AC Coupling to the OzInverter to my 48v 1300ah batteries.

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2017, 05:07:08 PM »
Training or none training......... ?

I do wish the IT department would use the stairs? .........

I captured this shot today as I drove past Our local Fire Brigade...........
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:13:09 PM by clockmanFRA »

Bruce S

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2017, 05:41:30 PM »
New IT person getting "training"
Nice helmet though. Very high profile  :P

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2017, 04:54:14 AM »
Another summer comes to a end!

And still the restoration of a 150 year old barn continues.

Early 2017 summer I had to stop as New French rules on planning came into enforcement, yes even for repairing buildings. Usual stuff, but mostly, "what's the colour of the slates, the timber, brick walls etc" and full building drawings and sections".

No charges/cost for us. Our local planning officer has gone and a new large officialdom department has been created at the regional district headquarters miles and miles away, they sure likes paper work.

1.        The barn is renamed, and is officially known as the 'Grange Mouton', next to the barn, was a tin roof lean too, is the new Mouton cuisine, the mouton WC and the Mouton freezer room. That old thin concrete yard will be lifted and roofed sheep lambing pens built, eventually.

2.      The barn as today........

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2017, 05:13:37 AM »
Nice to have that extra PV on the Old Barn/Grange Mouton operational.

I have 2 old second hand GTI's, from fleebay, that are connect to the OzInverter mini grid. I have the internal codes for these GTI's so they are set at 247vac and 248vac then they shut down.

The AC voltage rise occurs when the batteries are full and no large loads on the AC mini grid. Remember that the OzInverter backcharges, so the AC voltage goes backwards through the OzInverter and becomes DC and therefore charges the batteries, batteries full and push back and the AC voltage rises.

I have 4 lots of PV arrays on GTI's set at 1vac difference and this equates well to the battery voltage. I have a list of figures somewhere but these also had to take into account 500meters of voltage drop. I now find that small GTI's and lots of them give better battery charging control.
Yes, 'oztules' I have still not implemented your latest GTI circuit yet, I will get there.! At present setting the GTI's works neat.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:29:10 AM by clockmanFRA »

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2017, 05:22:43 AM »
The Boys helping out.....

Cutting and splitting thermal blocks, they managed all 34 blocks.