Author Topic: 3 Phase conversions being a new market  (Read 2753 times)

ruddycrazy

3 Phase conversions being a new market
« on: October 03, 2015, 12:27:32 AM »
G'day Guy's,
                   On a Pale Ale day as put my right shoulder gave out on a farm job I decided to start writing. with the umite coming to the fore I will try an get these pic32's to monitor the software using school kids as a new teaching school and if this works out provide jobs as I'm sure this concept that has 'done the test of time' needs to go commercial to provide jobs and give the off grid people a certainty spending several K W will get them depending on model a reliable Wind Generator

I have done a blog of my writings https://uppsndowns.wordpress.com/2015/10/03/wind-generators-2/

Now one would need blades so local cut hard wood will do not time time to go with carbon fibre yet.

Anyway if I can get this off the ground 5% will go to the Zubbly family off the profits as what seen off this great guy his brilliance after learning is a bulletproof design to work and should be a world leader in Wind Turbine design

Regards Bryan

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
Re: 3 Phase conversions being a new market
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 03:37:17 AM »
Good concept.

We here in France, at http://www.echorenovate.com/  (not for profit) have a more rounded approach to sustainability.

My 3 boys are growing up fast, and the stuff I am writing and doing is for them. My eldest, 15 years old, is now asking all those awkward questions, like, "But daddy when the magnet passes over the coil, what is actually inducing an electrical field, yea yea magnetisism, but what?"     Keeps me on my toes. He's playing Rugby this afternoon for a French team. !

At first Children, my boys mates, take some time to get interested, but once they have done some hands on stuff, it stays with them for ever. Some folk that have been here have gone away and started totally different life careers.

However, my Mrs reckons I am a lousy teacher, as I sometimes get lost in the minutiae. So I have to stick to her notes, and as she says, "discuss the odd stuff over a pint/glass or 2 of the local wines, in the evenings please!".

Good luck and have fun.

Leslie Bryan.

Yes, must update the web site, lots more to add. 

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 12:20:09 AM »
This could also be of value in the developing world:

http://www.scoraigwind.com/#DEVELOPING

Here in the west, we love to make complicated and expensive projects (I am guilty of this) out of these motor conversions, but it doesn't have to be that way.

The iron-cored design of a typical 3-phase motor lends itself to cheaper and more common ferrite magnets, which are also less demanding when being mounted to the rotor.  When you consider the fact that EVERY motor I converted was A) perfectly good and B) being thrown in the trash you can appreciate that there is a ready supply of motors available as long as you can be in the right place at the right time.  Or better yet, talk to a metal recycler to purchase old motors for scrap value - it costs money but saves you the time of dumpster-diving.  Some motor manufacturers have recalls, some OEM equipment makers change product lines and dispose of large batches of motors they have no further use or.  So many ways to get old, good, motors.

Good luck Bryan!
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »
Bryan;
I read the concept , it seems solid enough :).
My thought would be, that if you are looking for investors , a good place to try would be kickstarter.
I've seen a few on there that are very sound ideas, even William Shatner (of StarTrek fame) has been on there.
Best Of Luck!
I look forward to reading updates! 
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

ruddycrazy

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 02:38:52 AM »
G'day Guy's,
                   Well one small step closer as I managed to get hold of my China contact and he now an Export manager for a new neo Magnet manufacturer. The next time I'm down the hill I will go see a couple of electric motor wholesalers and try and find a donor motor to try. I do think a 4Kw motor frame would be the go and for the magnets to go on the rotor I'm thinking of designing up for a set of 4 segment magnets made on a one lamination skew with the correct ID and 1.5mm shy on the OD to allow the epoxy to fully seal the magnets to prevent corrosion. Australia is about to sign a free trade agreement with China which will suit nicely as the exchange rate between the 2 countries is better than the $US.

I was talking with a neice today after my father-in-laws funeral and she is actually working on the larger turbines. After chatting for while she can see the benefit of smaller turbines and said she was in the right playing field to investigate more of the possible market for me.

I still have to sound out my good friend who is an enginear about towers, as any design will need an enginears approval etc. When he has been up on my farm before he was intrigued with my motor conversions and what knowledge I have gained over the years on the subject.

Still a long way to go and the Kickstarter idea could appeal but I'm not going to jump the gun as I want to look at all the pifalls and gains before going too far.

Regards Bryan

OperaHouse

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 09:25:30 AM »
I see no need to rewind motors.  No one does a better job at it than the factory and density is key.  Since you have already decided to use a PIC for monitoring it is just a small step to do buck voltage conversion and optimizing the mill for max power.