Logged in users > User Diaries

New garage going up!

(1/8) > >>

Mary B:
After fighting with portable tent style garages for the last 15 years I finally broke down and am putting in a real garage with space for my shop tools. Started construction a month ago by prepping the pad to put it on.

It is going in to the right of the house where the remains of the last tent garage stand. THat was built on a wood platform that we towed into the backyard so I can re-purpose it to a greenhouse next year. That area sloped off to the right and rear quite a bit

Pad started, note the bobcat in the right rear corner to see how much fill was brought in

Almost done, they brought it up another foot after this picture

Mary B:
Pole barn style construction, it will have a full interior steel liner and be insulated with R50 in the attic space, 8 inches fiberglass in the walls, 9x16 garage door is R16...

Friday the 16th they ended like this

Mary B:
Yesterday they picked back up(had 2 days of heavy winds)

This was 11Am

2PM

4pm

and 5:30 as they finished up for the day. Next step is concrete for the floor(6 inch slab, 1/2 inch rebar 2' on center) then the insulation in the attic and walls goes in then the steel wall panels. Short 2 windows at the moment, they are ordered but not in

clockmanFRA:
Good to see a 'Pole barn style construction' .

I am not used to seeing the openness around buildings, hmm, windy?

That looks a good sub base they put down.

Is that pressure treated timber? do you get wood termites, wood worm beetle etc?

I love the way everything at your garage is done and marked by hours, while I am pottering along by the months.  ;D

David HK:
Another 5 minute job!

Nevertheless, its interesting to watch - keep posting.

Dave in HK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version