Logged in users > User Diaries

Heating

<< < (3/3)

Bruce S:
Mary B;
Fist and foremost: Apologies for taking this heating thread in a different route! Tho one could say it is "heating" in a sense :P.
There is something awesome about using a glass column still! There's such a clarity that it is hard to describe. I had not thought of using cinnamon ! I had once or twice used peppermint candy as a flavoring.

Ruddy;
Here there is a license one can get to make alky fuel tax free, but also must send a form to ATF requesting a license and possibly a bond ( I had to way back when I obtained mine).
Moonshine ( as the drinkable kind is lovingly called ) is still NOT legal, and any of that stuff I make; used to be made in pure copper and glass throwing out the first gallon (actually it went into the fuel based alky) .
White oak is my preferred aging casks, but I get them from a vinegar shop.
I've heard of people using that "turbo yeast" . I do not , no real reason to do so. Time is on my side, I'm in no real hurry. Besides good ole bread, a little cheapo sugar, a little time is all I ever use.

clockmanFRA:
Here is a photo of a Welsh man getting very excited about our local travelling still,.......... here its on show at the local town apple fair, here in Normandy, France.

No problems here about the Spirit stuff, Calvados 20 years Oak cask, just not allowed to sell it without a licence.

A good Calvados is up with the best Scottish malts.

Mary B:
Now that is nice! USA is backwards and afraid they will not get a tax dollar! But I know many distill for their own use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version