Author Topic: How much power am I likely to get?  (Read 2711 times)

shaggycoe

How much power am I likely to get?
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »
Hi new to the site and looking for advice. I have picked up two permanent magnet motors from an old floor sweeper with the intention of making my own power. First project is going to be bike based. i suppose what I really want to know is am I wasting my time from the amount of power I am likely to get out of the motor. On a plate it says the motor is 36volt, 22amps @ 200rpm. Now hand cranking I estimate I am getting to about 60rpm and producing 12-14volts but what sort of a page will I get and is it worth my efforts?
Thanks for reading

niall2

Re: How much power am I likely to get?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:57:39 PM »
hi Shaggycoe

my 2 cents worth......it,ll charge your phone with the right regulation .....and laptop too ( electronic regulation is the problem )

maybe best to try charging a small 12v battery and use a cheap 12v commercial 220v inventor.......bike based it seems to be a good option ....if you,ve got the muscle .......if you can get 12v charging at 200 rpm its very usable ( seems like a usable motor )

plus you,ll get a six pack ...whats not to like   :) 

your not wasting your time.......
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:08:54 PM by niall2 »

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 02:39:32 AM »
You could just use a automotive flat belt on the back rim...run that down to your motor..that's mounted in some way...most likely would need a large pulley on the motor..sence it's a low speed motor.....does the motor have a gear box ?   I've built a few pedgens...great way to burn some calories.......good luck...
WILD in ALASKA

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 02:45:27 AM »
For a pulley...just make some plywood cutouts ..then glue and screw those together...mount on the motor shaft..with some counter sunk setscrews ....
WILD in ALASKA

tanner0441

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »
Hi

A simple system would be a blocking diode and battery. After that as a bike system a lot depends on how fit you are.

36V at 22A is just under 800W but I don't see you getting anywhere near that with peddle power.

At 12V it is only going to be something over 60RPM so it would lend itself to a geared or chain driven system. The motor has potential though. Another thing to consider is does it have bushes or bearings on the shaft. Bushes don't fair well with lateral forces.

Brian

Johann

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 01:02:15 AM »
Hi

A simple system would be a blocking diode and battery. After that as a bike system a lot depends on how fit you are.

36V at 22A is just under 800W but I don't see you getting anywhere near that with peddle power.

At 12V it is only going to be something over 60RPM so it would lend itself to a geared or chain driven system. The motor has potential though. Another thing to consider is does it have bushes or bearings on the shaft. Bushes don't fair well with lateral forces.

Brian
There is no way a human can produce that much power.....maybe for a minute or seconds but not longer than that.
800 watts is over 1 horse power.  You are lucky if your buddy can produce 20 to 30 watts at constant basis.