Homebrewed Electricity > Solar

Where to buy panels?

<< < (2/2)

Johann:

--- Quote from: TDC on March 06, 2016, 11:11:53 AM ---I just got a deal on 15 used 70ah UPS batteries and need a panel or two to get started with solar.  Shipping panels is expensive so I would like to pick up myself.  I could really use some advice on were to buy.  In the southern to central Minnesota area, where would be a good place to buy just 1 or 2 panels?

--- End quote ---

You need way more than a couple of panels to charge those batteries if you use the batteries.

Johann:

--- Quote from: PNW_Steve on March 06, 2016, 10:48:38 PM ---Hey TDC,

Another option may be:

http://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Watts-Volts-Monocrystalline-Solar/dp/B009Z6CW7O/ref=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1457322164&sr=8-1&keywords=renogy&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

I do not have first had experience with this product but it does have 481 reviews on amazon, 5 star rating and free shipping (if you are an Amazon Prime member).

IMHO: Mary is more knowledgeable on this subject so I would try her recommendation first and if you don't find what you are looking for then perhaps the Renogy stuff may be an option.

I have been looking at their panels to put on my 5er this year but have not gotten to that project yet.

Good Luck!!

S.

--- End quote ---

I bought five 100 watt panels so far.
Installed three of them and have two more in storage with more to come.
I bought four from e-bay (seller is renogy)and one from the renogy website.
Next I will try the HQ 100 watt panel that is a renogy panel ,but $20 cheaper.

The first 3 panels I bought are 2 years old. Two weeks ago I tested them and they still put out the same as when they where new. I like the smaller size since I can handle the panels by myself.

richhagen:
Sun electric in Miami has done me good on larger purchases.  WWW.Sunelec.com  Don't expect too much from the phone people though.  John Kimball the owner is a good guy though and the rock bottom prices make up for any deficiencies in service in my opinion.  I have them shipped freight to a warehouse near me and I pick them up from there.  Rich

Bossrox:
I've bought all 96 of my panels used off craigslist or facebook marketplace, haven't gone wrong yet & way cheaper than new.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version