Author Topic: Wood burner feeding blown air system  (Read 3527 times)

shaggycoe

Wood burner feeding blown air system
« on: April 16, 2016, 04:15:28 PM »
Hi All
Currently looking at ways to heat our house, everybody keeps pointing me towards thermal store plus radiators.  We are installing a 20kw stove with 4kw to room and 16kw to boiler.  I would like to put a blown air water based system in using a 6.1kw Webasto water heater exchange matrix designed for a truck blown by 12volt from our solar PV system.  Does this make sense to anyone or are you giving this the same incredulous looks I keep getting from my plumber? We are based in Ireland. Thanks for your attention.

hiker

• BIG DOG
Re: Wood burner feeding blown air system
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:52:42 PM »
My inlaw used a wood stove ..with a coil inside..with output going to a truck rad..with fan to blow the hot air around...said it worked dam fine..
WILD in ALASKA

frackers

• Picard spits "Hello"
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 01:14:03 AM »
Look for the terms 'wetback' and New Zealand and you'll find loads of manufacturers - names like Yunca, Woodsman, Pyroclassic, Firenzo, Osburn, Metro.

Some are water supplemental heaters, others will bring a 50 gallon tank up to boiling point and others are designed to have a few radiators attached.

Some are log burners, other pellet, and some (like mine) are multifuel (i.e. wood or coal). I run mine on the 250 trees I planted 10 years ago. 15 or so a year provide me with whole house (3200 sqft) heating for free apart from chainsaw maintenance costs a a few pints of petrol & oil.

Robin Down Under (Or Are You Up Over)

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 03:02:51 AM »
Ask over at ebuild.co.uk; the right choice will depend on the thermal (eg insulation) characteristics of the house.

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social