Remote Living > Water

dealing with hard water

<< < (11/11)

bigrockcandymountain:
We hired one contractor for our house build (to pour concrete foundation walls).

He set us back 2 months right at the start of our build.

jlsoaz:
Ok, I have bought and paid for this system, about $6k+ for equipment and about $4.5k for installation including some miscellaneous equipment that came up, wiring, and electrical contractor, and the main plumbing work.
https://www.raindanceh2ostore.com/store/p99/Deluxe_RainDance-1500P_Whole_House_Nanofiltration_Package.html

I've talked with the plumber who took the lead on this, who was very enthusiastic about the project and he may take the lead on writing up the project, with some pics etc.  We weren't quite sure what the answer was from the company as to how many other residences have opted for this solution.  My plumber has a lot of customers with significant hard water issues and salt softeners, but I'm the only one who has opted for this particular solution.

Anyway, it's only been up and running for a few hours, but yes, ppm is down from about 350 ppm to about 16 (including some sort of minor re-mineralization that it puts back in?  I think?).  and hardness seems to be dramatically reduced.

MattM:
Your copper lines will love you for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version