Author Topic: Wave energy  (Read 2641 times)

Dispatcherjinn

Wave energy
« on: May 23, 2019, 02:16:29 AM »
This thread got quite and i thought would of been a interesting on going discussion. I used to live next door to Wallops Island flight facility and NOAA and i lived on a small inlet on the Assawoman Bay maintained by the ACOE and local water-men which i was one of. I had more then ample space on the dock and jetty's and with others from NASA and NOAA we all quickly gave up the ideas of all the reciprocating devices including wiper motors and even larger wheel float activator  and our records proved out there was fare more energy to harvest from basic lift of the daily tidal surge. As well there are more hours of a flat surface then waves and then waves wattage/energy is as variable as the winds. We found the best system was a float or small barge tethered to the bottom , then using cable to drive a fly wheel producing a steady constant power supply.  I also used a piling and attached a floating ring with a liner coil and magnet configuration but do how small it was it was greatly effected buy wave motion. Maybe good for charging cell phones or camera battery's but not worth the copper magnets and rectifying diodes. Simply no ware near the speed in wave action having the magnets passing the coils. After a short time we had a good constant chart worked out and realized there was fare more energy to harvest then any other current marine system and the larger the float the more tonnage in lift . The raft we had that i built a microwave magnet PMA was 8 foot by 16 foot and during the tides lift we ware getting close to 320 watts with no fly wheel and nearly 100 on the fall . I would like to find more on this type of power generation but most everything is on ducting the tidal streams and knowing there potentials like watts per cubic foot and compared to the lifting platforms the differences ware dropping a turbine in a tidal stream are but chump change compared to tidal platforms that can even be used as more surface area or real estate for more systems like wind or even community business . I now live midway on the Straights of Tannen Ph and here my daily tides are 8 to 14 feet ware back on the east coast at Wallops Island is 2 to 6 feet. I been following the wave driven but from what i have found is to much levering required and there highly pron to stall when loaded. Has anyone here ever put some thought in this direction
Dispatcher

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Wave energy
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 12:34:28 AM »
Hi Dispatcher,

I split your new question off from the other topic where you replied - it wasn't being seen there: https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,148962.0.html 
Hopefully you can get some traffic to your question now.

BTW, I live very far away from any tides so I can't offer any ideas myself.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
Re: Wave energy
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 08:42:57 AM »
i live in a beach town on Georgian bay. the description of your experiments sounds interesting . any photos?
apparently most humans live close to the water so it seems like a a good area of experimentation