Author Topic: Still death-traps on the road  (Read 12443 times)

george65

Re: Still death-traps on the road
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 08:46:12 PM »

In the US everyone pays for roads. The theory being that even the non driver benefits from roads.  In other countries the theory tends to be that users pay for the roads.

In Oz the revenue generated from Motorists is over subsidised in that the amount of money raised in all the different taxes, ( including taxes on taxes) is more than the amount spent or road transport.
 I have often said, if everyone stopped driving for a week the country would go down the gurgler.
The excess goes into general revenue to subsidise Dole bludgers and overseas pensions, politicians holidays and other stupid and misplaced spending.

The tax on fuel here is well over half of the total cost.  People bitch about oil companies but the government is making about 20 Times more than the Fuel company out of ever litre sold.

But then I'm no politician.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Re: Still death-traps on the road
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 08:58:32 PM »
I seen this topic swing from one to several other points.

At first it was about "drive by wire throttle" then about gas prices and missiles on naval battle groups.

I posted a use of finding a way to correct a drive by wire topic, and it saved my ass this week.

We should be doing this for others looking for wind turbine solutions, here on this forum.