Author Topic: The Future of Solar Electricity  (Read 1532 times)

Gnadt1990

The Future of Solar Electricity
« on: December 01, 2016, 05:39:48 PM »
Dear community members,

Within the context of a research seminar by the Institute of Technology and Innovation Management at the Helmut-Schmidt-University Hamburg, we are investigating the potential of online communities as an instrument for the prediction of future developments and trends in the renewable energy sector. Undoubtedly some passionate practitioners like you, have a deep knowledge of current developments, feasible technological improvements and imaginable future developments of technology, society and politics concerning the renewables. Therefore, we hope to win you over as participants of a lively discussion.

THE PROCEDURE

First phase
What will solar power generation look like in the year 2030?

This phase is a brainstorming on the future development of solar power. There are no limits set, so feel free to present any idea or thought which you consider possible, practicability will be discussed later. You may bring up every subtopic that is the most interesting for you, be it a specific technical innovation, a new semiconductor material, the future importance of solar electricity within the renewable energy mix in general or an expectation of coming governmental incentives. 

Second phase
Depending on the number of presented ideas, we may cluster them regarding specific topics as far as possible. Subsequently we will discuss the presented ideas and concepts aiming to deepen and evolve them collaboratively towards comprehensive future scenarios.

CONFIDENTIALITY
We want to encourage you to participate without doubts and assure you that every posted idea or concept will only be used for academic analysis without any commercial exploitation by the moderators.

We are looking forward to your discussions!
The stage is yours!

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
Re: The Future of Solar Electricity
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 05:50:38 PM »
Please don't post duplicates.

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: The Future of Solar Electricity
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 08:47:40 AM »
I agree with DamonHD, duplicates can be comfusing.
I'm going to leave this one here, but lock it. I'm also moving the original to the PUB.
Later I may remove this one so there's less chance of confusion.

Cheers
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard