Author Topic: 1st Electronics lesson needed  (Read 3304 times)

Harold in CR

1st Electronics lesson needed
« on: December 19, 2016, 07:07:40 AM »
 My wife seems to be getting more forgetful since that lightning dance she endured a couple months ago.  We have a disc type electric cook stove that some of the elements have burned out or are falling through the metal top, soooo, I took a SS 2 burner gas stove top and inserted 2 spiral type burners in it. Works surprising well, so far. Problem is, it needs an ON indicator light, so she (we) can tell she has not turned it off. Each burner has an on-off toggle switch.

Also, she cooks the beans ( we eat lotsa beans and rice)  ::) in a crock pot, and, it also needs an indicator light. Right now,after checking the internet, I made the coffee and found the beans dry and hot. Been stewing all night.  ::) They oughta be delicious for breakfast.  :o :P I do have some single LED bulbs ? and know a driver circuit board or a buck converter can be used, SEE ?? I'm learnin  ;D ;D ;D, But the ones I have are rated from 30v to 4v I believe.

What can I do to get something hooked up. I have 4 TV's that quit working, thanks to the power company, that may have indicator lights for power on, but, are probably hooked to the circuit board ? Any simple way to rig up something that I might understand would be VERY appreciated.

I can solder decently and might could cut up a circuit board and trash the traces and solder jumper wires around to get something to work. I just don't know what parts to use to do this half a$$ed circuit.   I did repair a circuit board on a generator in 'Nam one time by soldering a piece of solder across a burned off trace and completing the circuit path, so, there might be hope for me after all ??Thanks

Gotta try to find some crackers and peanut butter for breakfast  ::) ::)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:14:29 AM by Harold in CR »

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Re: 1st Electronics lesson needed
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 05:58:38 PM »
Use these http://www.jameco.com/z/120VNEON-Arndt-4-Pack-of-110-220-VAC-Neon-Panel-Mount-Lamps_2202651.html

Mount after the power switch, one side goes to the switched hot, other side to the AC neutral.

Harold in CR

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 07:01:18 PM »

Perfect. Thank you Mary.  8) Will order ASAP and pick up when I am in Fl.

chuoiit11

• Phòng Khám Đa Khoa Âu Á
    • https://dakhoaauahcm.vn/vay-nen.html
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 09:37:17 PM »
, This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.
Sự nguy hiểm của *Link Removed* và một số bệnh khác !!!