Author Topic: ISOLATED 1 & 3 Phase Wind Voltage Converter for Micro  (Read 9796 times)

ontfarmer

Re: ISOLATED 1 & 3 Phase Wind Voltage Converter for Micro
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 10:42:50 AM »
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4-channel-switch-MOSFET-switch-IRF540-isolated-power-module-Board-for-Arduino/112499643465?hash=item1a31805449:g:5tIAAOSwcgNZJ~8j

Hope this works haven't done this before.  The inscriptions are on the back side of the board under  where you  plug into.

OperaHouse

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2018, 04:22:39 PM »
I don't give it much of a chance. An IRF540 is only good up to about 100V and without a heat sink I wouldn't use over 5A.  It will take a couple days for me to search other listings as to how this hooks up. I'm in the process of packing for the season at the camp.  I don't know why they don't make a decent board with 110N15 FET that can handel some power.

OperaHouse

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »
I checked a number of listings and could not find any information. One listing said...NOTE: WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY TECHNICAL HELP.

The closest I found in google images, 4 channel mosfet switch, and it was a little scary.

ontfarmer

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2018, 05:40:56 AM »
 Seen the listing a few days ago that said they offer no " Technical Help ".   If the image on google was scary to you,   there is no hope for me.
Have you got a suggestion of a different approach?

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2018, 04:14:42 PM »
Circuit schematic reading for newbies

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-read-a-schematic

For example, the square with the squiggles in it is an optoisolator, you need to know the input and outputs but not what is inside it unless you want to learn what makes them tick. If in doubt what a part is ask away! Several of us here have some deep electronics knowledge.

ontfarmer

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2018, 06:28:15 PM »
Thanks  Mary B

I have that  Book Marked  it will be very help full.

OperaHouse

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2018, 02:30:10 AM »
I thought you were doing three phase, then you could use an AC SSR. That board would be OK to drive a relay. The specifications imply you can put 100V power on the board and the opto to the gate won't take that. I don't know why they use telephone connectors which are inconvenient. The schematic I've shown looks like it has errors. Grounds are connected between input and out and I think they would use the two center pins to connect to the LED. What exactly are you trying to hook up with expected voltages.

ontfarmer

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2018, 02:39:10 PM »
I am counting on using the  AC SSR  that I have.  They are  10A @ 42 - 265 VAC 50/60 HZ
 3 - 32 VDC Input.    There are three off them one for each phase.  On the existing panel there is a 20 volt DC power pack.  Will the NANO power the FET board and it drive the relay with that  20 VDC power pack?  This is why I was asking about the markings  " s + - " on the FET board,  what does the  S  stand for and what do I  connected it to?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 03:09:33 PM by ontfarmer »

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2018, 06:33:17 PM »
Guessing S is the control voltage to turn the fet on and off... without having one in front of me to trace the circuit that is a guess...

Looks like it has a driver IC so I am guessing the Nano should be able to drive it... again without board specs it is a total guess...

OperaHouse

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2018, 08:51:15 AM »
I have to trace out almost everything I buy from China. That board would be fine for 20V. 

ontfarmer

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 06:36:35 AM »
Busy planting beans,   I will get back when time permits.

ontfarmer

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2018, 07:53:12 PM »
What is a  better - simpler  way to drive the SSR ?  I think it is good to forget about those mosfet boards.

OperaHouse

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2018, 01:08:07 PM »
Connect the SSR input directly to the micro's output,   - to common and + to output pin. No need for resistors or anything.

ontfarmer

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »
Update   I finally got some wires hooked up from the Nano to the SSR .  Had no wind yesterday and only the occasional breeze today,  so not good for testing.   A couple of times I got to see some results
in changing the code.   Hopefully tomorrow?

ontfarmer

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2018, 12:57:06 PM »
Have had strong breeze,  been good for testing.  I have a range of numbers now that are going to work for switching.    I haven't had any success changing pins 9 - 10.   In the print out on the screen it shows them being active  ( turning on - off )  but when I check them with the volt meter there is nothing.  May be you can give me some guidance?

OperaHouse

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 02:34:53 PM »
I'll have to check. Don't see anything off hand. I am putting this link here cause it takes me 5 minutes of searching each time.

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,149490.0.html

ontfarmer

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2018, 06:28:00 PM »
I am going for a drive in a day or two,  will be close to where I think your camp is.  Would like to stop
and shake your hand if you aren't to busy?

ontfarmer

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2018, 05:10:52 PM »
Spent a few days on the road,   seen some beautiful country.  Met Opera and his wife,  they have a very nice place on the water.  He showed me his solar panels,  the building that the electronics are in  and the way he makes full use of the power they produce.  I'm sure they enjoy every minute of their time in the peaceful location.   Thanks

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2018, 11:56:21 AM »
That's cool!
It's always nice to meet up with fellow forum members.
I traveled down to South Carolina to meet up with a member (PePa) several times.
We never seemed to have enough time to talk about all the things he was trying out.

His wife always fixed the best tomato salad!

I miss visiting him, but alas he & I knew his days were numbered, even when I met him.

Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

OperaHouse

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2018, 01:46:05 PM »
I apologize for the state of things, I'm always fighting fires at the camp.  The power shed really did look like some place smoke would come out of.  I've put up a number of shelves to house the parts bins (upper right) and have a roll around storage unit so you can at least walk around now.  The temp controller on the desk is my next progect to get the gas stove working without running the 400W igniter all the time.  I wasn't a very good host.  I should have sent you off with a couple dozen capacitors and FET. It's that low oxygen. On second thought, it still looks a mess.