Microcontrollers > Microcontrollers/General

Ebay electronic Modules Index

<< < (5/5)

george65:

Another Couple.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/361756657716

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191877373867?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quite a few higher priced industrial looking ones as well.

george65:

--- Quote from: OperaHouse on March 02, 2017, 11:00:28 AM ---
This one likely works better. It seems to have adjustable pull in voltage for hysteresis.  Wish it had a separate sense pin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charging-Discharge-Voltage-Monitor-Test-Relay-Switch-Control-Board-Module-P1H0-/131904132675

Both of these seem to lack adjustable delay which is necessary for any voltage switch.

--- End quote ---

I got the one I pictured above and the prediction unsurprisingly was 100% correct.  The thing chattered like a machine gun and would not have taken long to cause problems switching the UPS in and out every second. In my defense I had already ordered the thing when I read the warning. Ordered the other one next day.

I bought the one you linked to above and it does in fact have a programmable delay.  I haven't been able to try it yet as one of the batteries in my play setup Died and I have not yet got another. Being half way through our forth week of rain hasn't exactly been inspirational for playing with this stuff either.

I  also bought a delay board although unsure how I'm going to wire this in to work. Will probably have to be through another relay but if the other board works OK then I won't bother.
I'm getting so many meters and controllers on this setup its starting to look a bit silly.

The  other controller that does not do for controlling the UPS ( I want it to kick in when the voltage drops to maintain the battery levels) will be OK for load switching.  If I have excess panel power then I can divert it to secondary loads and switch it back out of the batterys drop too low.
I thought widening the on and off voltage levels witht eh UPS may have worked but it did not. In hind sight that may have been because the battery was dying and not stabilising things enough.  In any case I have the other controller now ( and I even paid the extra .7C to get the fancy cover)  so I'll see how that goes.

I also got another AC meter to monitor the outputs from my grid tied panel. It's a real pain in the arse cycling through the menus on the inverter itself for my frequent curiosity throughout the day.  I have been wiring up all these meters and controllers up individually so they have been needing to be wired with Plugs. I found it's MUCH cheaper to buy a short extension cord for $2.50 at the hardware store and cut it than to buy the 2 Plugs individually which are 4 and $5 odd each!  Bought so many of them now the girl at the hardware store asked the other night when I got more what I was doing with them all?

I have been trying to keep all the DC side of things on a self made electrical board where I don't have to worry about anything because its all low voltage and put all the AC stuff in it's own boxes with AC plugs.  If I carry on with this I'll have to make a Bigger and better AC board because the cords and plugs are getting over the top as is tracing which one is where and doing the mental arithmetic of the sequence of how they need to be connected.  :0)

Does not take much to start out with something simple and get carried away!

I have been Building some things with Arduinos but noticed something with that. These premade control boards are a simpler and easier way to go as well as being much cheaper.
Each arduino requires a power supply so that's the first thing.  Then you have the board itself with an input, wires to resistors or whatever and then the output wiring. The out goes to a relay so it's a minimum of 3 boards.  I have found that's not easy to wire and put in a neat control box either and of course, then there is the expense of the box as well.

So far I have built a timer to run a pump for my aeroponics setup, a light operated switch to turn the LED panel on and off for backyard security and my Aeroponic garden and a flasher to  Pulse another high  output LED light bar aimed at the neighbour whom is a real POS and is living there illegally and driving us nuts with his self centred and disrespectful attitude to everyone around. 
Given his nocturnal and noisy activities, I have no problem doing all I can to disturb him the same way he annoys my family.
I might have to look at building something to trigger a solenoid on the tap to turn on the water for a spray nozzle on my house soon.  The neighbor on the other sides threats of lighting up his vehicles are not just venting anymore. :0)

From what I can see, it's far easier and cheaper to do these things with a pre-made board than an arduino.
Maybe as said, I have to reserve the arduinos for more complicated tasks but so far, can't see or have need of anything a Sub $5 or $10 chinese board can't do... which have all worked perfectly for me so far.

Enjoying playing with them and combing fleabay to see what others I can find.... and figure out what the hell they are supposed to do!  :0)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version