Remote Living > Heating

Solar water heating with heat exchanger

<< < (2/2)

Ungrounded Lightning Rod:

--- Quote from: tanner0441 on February 25, 2017, 01:55:29 PM ---Look at expansion tanks and accumulators for unvented central heating systems. they run at one and a half Bar. They consist of a sealed tank with a diaphragm across making two chambers. The lower chamber goes to the circuit used for heating, the upper one has a schrader valve on the top to prepresurise the system. You could still need a pressure relief of some sort but they will operate at 1.5  to 2 Bar all day.

--- End quote ---

I like it.

I have similar devices in the well water system at the ranch and in the white water system in the travel trailer, to hold pressure and smooth out the water pressure changes as the pumps start and stop.  Once the pressure is set up initially they run fine for years with no attention.  (The one at the ranch has been in service for about 17 years.)

tanner0441:
Hi

If you look on the dow corning site it gives the freezing and boiling point at atmospheric pressure. Boiling is only 110 C for a 60% solution.

So at +1 to +1.5 Bar could put it up into the range where you should get a more efficient heat transfer. If you have a variable speed pump you could use the temperature to control the pump speed.  We had a similar setup on the condensing unit on the AC units I was involved in.

Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version