Remote Living > Housing

Selling a home equipped with RE

(1/4) > >>

SparWeb:
Are there any members who want to share their experience selling and moving out of a house equipped with RE?

What pleases the new buyers, what makes their heads explode?
What equipment to keep, what to leave behind?
What helps the value of the home, what hurts it?

You can guess that I'm thinking about moving, but before I go into the specifics of my situation (which you can see at www.sparweb.ca anyway) I'd like to know more about the experiences of others... horror stories... win-win scenarios...?

My default plan is to take it all with me - and figure out what to do with it when I get to the new place.
Lots of work, taking my whole system apart (it took years to assemble!)

clockmanFRA:
This will be interesting.

For some time now I have been pondering the fate of my works when I am gone, either moving or plain old dead with a heart condition. (they tell me).

I have endeavoured to write/construct basic manuals for my 3 boys, 10, 13 & 17 year olds. They show interest and support... but...

Also concerns about Electrical regs, and would a so called qualified sparky, brought in by the new owner, condem stuff if he thinks its not up to the latest memorised Country specs, or he just doesn't plain understand.

In that instance I have religiously stuck to the French Norms, and kept stuff very simple with notices adhered to things in the correct place.

I think SparWeb, its talking to your potential buyer, and seeing what they want, here in Europe even the standard PV panels GTI installations are a awkward situation, and what I gather have no extra cost benefit to the seller.

The lawyers will probably make a bit more on your House Sale.?

Good luck, and I will watch this with interest.

Harold in CR:

If your house is off grid, you could advertise it in RE related forums, etc. If it will require a mortgage on the new owners part, you are probably screwed, as clockmanFRA stated.

Is it prohibited to have a house that is not grid tied, in your country ?  IF so, I agree completely with clockmanFRA. I would disassemble everything and move it or sell it.

Wish you all the best in this non-standard endeavour.

SparWeb:
Agreed, some caution is warranted.

I spoke to a real estate agent the other day.  I could see his eyes glaze over as I tried to explain it...

OperaHouse:
Still better owning the system than having a solar lease.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version