Remote Living > Transportation

Still death-traps on the road

<< < (7/7)

Bruce S:

--- Quote from: george65 on March 09, 2017, 12:26:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bruce S on March 08, 2017, 08:58:02 AM ---ClockmanFRA:
In some states here, they impose a hefty fine for making/using your on bio-diesel. Which to me is stupid, but then I'm no politician .

--- End quote ---

Thought we weren't supposed to mention anything political??    ::)

--- End quote ---

You did see the I'm no politician ,,, right  8)

OperaHouse:

--- Quote from: ghurd on March 06, 2017, 11:01:23 PM ---Maybe... Taxes is why other places pay more.
I don't see the crude price depending on what country is getting it.

--- End quote ---

In the US everyone pays for roads. The theory being that even the non driver benefits from roads.  In other countries the theory tends to be that users pay for the roads.

george65:

--- Quote from: Bruce S on March 09, 2017, 08:46:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: george65 on March 09, 2017, 12:26:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bruce S on March 08, 2017, 08:58:02 AM ---ClockmanFRA:
In some states here, they impose a hefty fine for making/using your on bio-diesel. Which to me is stupid, but then I'm no politician .

--- End quote ---

Thought we weren't supposed to mention anything political??    ::)

--- End quote ---

You did see the I'm no politician ,,, right  8)

--- End quote ---

I didn't realise any of us here were politicians .

I take it all we have to do then put is that disclaimer on a post and we can make political statements, no matter how widely they may be interpreted or deemed " Political".

Cool.

george65:

--- Quote from: OperaHouse on March 09, 2017, 09:11:32 AM ---
In the US everyone pays for roads. The theory being that even the non driver benefits from roads.  In other countries the theory tends to be that users pay for the roads.

--- End quote ---

In Oz the revenue generated from Motorists is over subsidised in that the amount of money raised in all the different taxes, ( including taxes on taxes) is more than the amount spent or road transport.
 I have often said, if everyone stopped driving for a week the country would go down the gurgler.
The excess goes into general revenue to subsidise Dole bludgers and overseas pensions, politicians holidays and other stupid and misplaced spending.

The tax on fuel here is well over half of the total cost.  People bitch about oil companies but the government is making about 20 Times more than the Fuel company out of ever litre sold.

But then I'm no politician.

JW:
I seen this topic swing from one to several other points.

At first it was about "drive by wire throttle" then about gas prices and missiles on naval battle groups.

I posted a use of finding a way to correct a drive by wire topic, and it saved my ass this week.

We should be doing this for others looking for wind turbine solutions, here on this forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version