Author Topic: MicroSolar 24V 3000W (Peak 6000W) Pure Sine Wave Inverter [INV-3000PS] good?  (Read 3025 times)

fabieville

Can anyone tell me if this chinese inverter is a good buy.
MicroSolar 24V 3000W (Peak 6000W) Pure Sine Wave Inverter [INV-3000PS].

https://www.amazon.com/MicroSolar-Inverter-Remote-Controller-Battery/dp/B01ALIDV5G/ref=sr_1_2?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1489149037&sr=1-2&keywords=24v+3000watt+inverter

I sent a seller some questions regarding it and i haven't got back a reply so i am posting the questions hoping to get some response.

The unit is rated up to 30v input.
I saw on amazon where a seller said this unit cuts out when the solar panel voltage regulator goes through its equalization mode (higher voltage) during cold ambient temperatures because it inaccurately calibrated on the high voltage side by the manufacturer.  So I want to know if is when it reaches 30v it cuts off or when it goes over that voltage? Or is it that because it is inaccurately calibrated the 30v max input with +/- maybe actually 29v or even less?

The next question is that a seller complained that whenever it goes into the low battery alarm stage and even thou the battery voltage might rise up back to the required level there is no output unless you turn it off and turn it on again.

Is this issue cause from the fact that it is a momentary push button start inverter?

Also

OperaHouse

Push button power on can be difficult to work with.  The slide switch ones are easy to bridge a relay across and shut the inverter off before it goes into high or low limit with external electronics.  Manual restart is almost universal for low voltage.  Just removing the load would cause the battery voltage to jump up causing cycling of inverter. 

No need to be critical on the voltage trips. If you get anywhere near them you are being very bad.

Use a disconnect module like this to turn off the inverter before it reaches the inverters lower limit.  This works with inverters with slide switches.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Low-Voltage-Disconnect-Module-LVD-24V-10A-Protect-Prolong-Battery-Life-/371887295195?hash=item569635cadb:g:K0sAAOSwf-VWUr3c
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:37:21 AM by OperaHouse »

joestue

did you read the amazon reviews?

but for 300$ it may be worth the effort if you don't have to pay shipping to return it. though its not clear if this review was left because the inverter is defective, or if the inverter is sold under deceptive advertising.
However, even though its peak capacity is stated to be 6000 watts, it is not capable of running a 1500W air compressor. This same compressor runs on a 2000 watt prosine that has a peak capacity of 3000 watts
My wife says I'm not just a different colored rubik's cube, i am a rubik's knot in a cage.

george65

One thing I look at with these inverters in regards to capacity is the Fuse rating.
If a 12V inverter is rated to say 2000W and you see the thing has 2x 30A fuses which always seem to be on the DC side, You know the thing hasn't got a hope in hell of actually doing that output.

For 12V > 240V, I work on a 10X factor for input to Output Amps to watts. Time you take into account varying voltages on the input side, varying efficiency of the inverter and other factors, 10 is a good, safe, easy to work with number to calculate with.
IE, 100W out = 10A in.

So many of these inverters just don't add up.  Like many things Chinese, The numbers advertised have absoloutley no relationship to fact or reality.  I suggest Crunching the numbers and seeing if they add up to the speil given. With a lot of these things, you'll find that 1+1 Apparently = 14.

I have gone through a lot of these inverters and some are OK and some are just pure and utter garbage.  As well as being woefully under rated, they won't handle the inrush current of a 100W light bulb let alone anything else  regardless of their rating.  Others drop out at 1/4 their rated load, I suspect through garbage internal wiring which won't flow the required current and others have bad heat dissipation problems.

I was lucky enough a couple of months back to win a very high quality Inverter on fleabay that was near new and went for about 1/20th of it's still current retail price.  The difference between the chinese cheapies and this quality ( but still Chinese made) inverter is Night and day.
Yeah, the cheapies are adequate for some things and some I have had great service from some but others are just next to useless.
Generally the higher the rating, the greater chance of it being a load of Bull$#|+.

The fuse rating I found is a real easy tell tale as to what the units capability truly is and the honesty of the seller or manufacturers ratings.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
The next question is that a seller complained that whenever it goes into the low battery alarm stage and even thou the battery voltage might rise up back to the required level there is no output unless you turn it off and turn it on again

Better than the alternative: passing Low-Bat cut-off, switching off, battery resting voltage recovers slightly, inverter switches back on, drains battery some more, back to LBCO... rinse & repeat. 

I'll second the suggestion from OperaHouse, to not rely on the built-in LBCO and use your own electronics, if you value the longevity of your batteries at all.  This is practical if the inverter's built-in LBCO is set too low, giving you a margin to have your own appropriately-set LBCO control, before the inverter's own ever kicks in.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca