Author Topic: Camp work  (Read 2295 times)

OperaHouse

Camp work
« on: July 13, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »
Had to have my radio water meter replaced.  I realized that I couldn't let the guy in with the wiring in the present state. If I got turned into building dept the house would be condemned.  I had moved the electronics from the stairwell to the new power shed two years ago and I put up a couple of new walls with outlets. Last year health issues kept me from doing much of anything. The solar also feed through that location.  I couldn't figure out to put the new panel there or inside.  Is it legal to put a panel in front of a big hole? In the basement there was a huge mass of wires next to the water meter with very dicey exposed connections. I had also put plug ends on all the outlet wires.  This picture was with all the wiring cleaned up.  The stairway cover hid this and I was without water for the four days it took to clean up the mess. The outlet box is the front cover of an old UPS.

It was time to get things straightened out.  The two inch conduit allowed me to feed temporary wires down without the mess of staples.  Basement still has a number of wiring issues complicated by my now removing every floor joist.  They are now rotted and can be pulled off by hand. See the battery charger.  It is totally fake, just a pass through of wire. If someone walks by it is just a guy charging his boat battery, not someone running a house on 12V.  Note the copper on the right side.  That is an old slate power panel, would have loved to use that.  The important thing is that it looks like it would pass code even though it is nowhere near that.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: Camp work
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 04:10:15 PM »
What mess? I don't see a mess
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

OperaHouse

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 10:41:00 AM »
This is current with half of the wires already rerouted.  Yes, half of the water is supplied by garden hoses. Here is the joist replacement made more difficult because there is only a little concrete walkway to work off of.  The rest is water and mud you sink into. The orange you see floating is the wood dust from the disintegrating beams.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:16:32 AM »
Ahh  :o mankind's current unobtainium , getting water and electricity to play nice together  ;).
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

OperaHouse

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 11:08:30 AM »
Welcome to the New Jack City.

I was a little reluctant to remove the center post that supported the entire house even though I knew it was well supported.  Turns out it was just dust.  Yesterday  I dragged five 80# bags of concrete down the basement and mixed it by hand. Anyways, the house is now beginning to look saveable.