Logged in users > User Diaries

10ft Other Power build

(1/4) > >>

FishH2o:
Well after some small screws ups I decided to save my good long lumber for a future build. I have decided the best way to learn is building a version that is well documented and widely used. I will use this to document the build and ask for suggestions and advise. Thank in advance for all help and comments are greatly appreciated. I have my blade blanks all cut out and will post some pictures once I have them resized.

SparWeb:
Cool
Looking forward to seeing it!

FishH2o:
These are the 3 blade blanks I have cut down.

FishH2o:
Question or you guys... So, 2 of the 3 boards were without warp. I leveled the root and checked the level at each station. Now, the third board, after I leveled the root the tailing edge is higher than the leading edge. The opposite, Hugh Pigott says to take the measurements with the help of the level raising it. My question, since the leading edge is lower than the trailing edge can I shave down the tailing edge with a plane to make it level before I take my drop measurements? Or, must I lower the level to compensate for the warp?

***Edit***
Or, does it mater as long as I do the same to each?

dnix71:
The forces are at the tip of the blades. How close are the relative weights of the blades? If they weigh the same, a thin shim washer when mounting the warped blade would place its wing tip back in line with the other two. This means less material is removed. Balance the hub first, then mount the blades, rebalance adding weight near the hub and shim to make the tips travel in a clean circle. Uness the centers of the blades are way off it won't matter much as all the work is done near the leading edge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version