Author Topic: Need solar installation- Help  (Read 2017 times)

luckylukee

Need solar installation- Help
« on: July 05, 2017, 05:26:55 AM »
Hello  :)

First of all I would like to tell you that I'm a new member so I don't have much experience in this field. Recently I have quite frustrating electricity bills in my company. I have read about solar panels and I think they can work and help me with my problem. It's a quite expensive investment but it's investment in the future.

So to the point..

The average electricity consumption of my company is about 7KW. Besides light bulbs, we have a lot of computers, air conditioning, microwaves etc. So I need let's say 10 KW.

I've been searching for some kind of “exemplary” installation and I found this:
https://www.anteny24.com/our-solar-installation-batnaanteny24-and-sunmax

They have solar panels from Ubiquiti Networks. They also provide some test but I'm not so experienced as I wrote on the beginning. In addition they did it by themselves so the assembly costs are none.

There are my questions:

1. Are solar panels from Ubiquiti Networks a good option? The same question about equipment needed to make them work. Maybe you know this manufacturer?

Here I found some specs of the panels on this site so you don't have to search
https://www.anteny24.com/ubiquiti-networks-sunmax-solar-panel2/systemy-solarne

What do you think about their installation (I mean the first link)? Is it proper, right? Or there is something I can improve in my installation on their basis.

Can you write something of their tests?

Is it better to install the solar system by myself or not?

I would be very glad to discuss this topic with you. I'm waiting for responses  and I'm sorry if  I put the topic in the wrong subsection.

Best Regards
:)

Insolergy

• Insolergy | Indian Solar Energy Company | End-to-End Solar EPC Solution Providers
Re: Need solar installation- Help
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:27:17 AM »
I don't have any idea about Ubiquiti Networks. But one suggestion I can give to you is don't try to install it yourself, get installation done by any leading solar EPC company. There are various reasons for the same, hope this article will help you to know the advantage of getting installation done by solar company.

[link to commercial site removed]
Please remember our rule of not linking to a commercial site. Send the member a PM if you wish
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:44:25 AM by Bruce S »

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:22:21 PM »
Installing solar panels is easily done by a homeowner with some electrical know how. Or do th mechanical part and hire an electrician for the wiring part and save money.

george65

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 06:43:46 PM »

To me the electrical is easier than the mechanical and no, I'm not a sparky!  :0)